Latest post Tue, Sep 11 2018 2:52 PM by AmazingProd. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 7 2018 2:33 PM

• JaMa
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 5 2010
    • Posts 37
    • Points 475

MC 2018_5 vs. Wacom Intuous Pro M press/hold-problem

Dear all,

I uppgraded my MC version 6 to version MC 2018_5 ( Windows 7 Pro ). I am editing my MC with Wacom Tablet Intuous Pro Pen. It used to be that when I am in MC timeline and press my pen towards the tablet there is no effection. But when I use my windows for example in My Computer tasks and press and hold my pen towards the tablet  it does the same like mouse right click button. This task has been never activated in Avid timeline. But now it is active and I can not get it swithced off. I have not activated it anywhere. Where to switch this off? Any tips? Itis really problematic since when I scroll around the timeline and go for example in the end off clip and press 1 second too long of my pen and there comes the pop-up menu ( sam like pressing my mouse right click ).Please could anybody give me any ideas to get my Avid NOT to react press/hold-assigment of Intuous Tablet.

• Tue, Aug 7 2018 5:34 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,943
    • Points 214,780
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: MC 2018_5 vs. Wacom Intuous Pro M press/hold-problem

Jama

Do you have the correct driver for the pen?

https://www.wacom.com/en-us/support/product-support/drivers

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, Aug 8 2018 10:55 AM In reply to

• JaMa
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 475

Marianna,
    Thanks for tip but it did not solve the problem. Any other tips?
    I downloaded the latest driver for Wacom Intuos Pro for Windows 7 but the problem still exists. It has to be something to do with Avid MC 2015_5, since in my laptop computer I have exatly same setup with Wacom Intuous Pro but the version of Avid is MC 6.x. And there is not this press/hold/pop-upMenu problem at all.
    Any other good tips?

Best wishesJaMa

• Tue, Sep 11 2018 9:51 AM In reply to

Hey JaMa,

Did you manage to fix this? An editor here is having similar problems with 2018.5.

Thanks!

• Tue, Sep 11 2018 9:59 AM In reply to

• JaMa
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 37
    • Points 475

Hi,

I got information from my colleaque and he found the answer which worked for me, proudly presenting it to you:

https://sweetmonia.com/Sweet-Drawing-Blog/how-to-get-rid-of-the-right-click-circle-that-appears-while-you-press-the-pen-your-wacom-device-and-many-other-graphics-tablets/

Jama

• Tue, Sep 11 2018 2:52 PM In reply to

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller