Latest post Tue, Aug 7 2018 5:22 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 7 2018 1:16 PM

• msf
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 18 2011
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Exception Error - any help appreciated

Hi guys,

I'm currently having customers editing on an iMac, using MC 2018.7 and they keep getting the following error message:

Exception: std::exception, what:[MainThread] Threads::SendMessageAndWait: No running thread to receive message PlayLoopThread kStopCommand

I can't seem to find anything regarding this error and thought some of you might know what it refers to. It's a FullHD i25 Project with p25 Arri Amira & p50 Sony A7 footage (consolidated the former, transcoded the latter into DNxHR) and we're using a Nexis E2 storage and a Artist DNxIO (not DNxIQ) hardware.

This setup has worked smoothly, so far, so I'm wondering why this error message has kept popping up since yesterday. It doesn't seem to be corrupted clips or sequences (or I haven't been able to narrow it down to certain clips/sequences)...but I'll keep my fingers crossed that some of you might be able to help me out here.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Mark

• Tue, Aug 7 2018 5:22 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,320
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Exception Error - any help appreciated

Hey mark

First, you should be using 2018.7.1 for Mac which will stop any lagging the system might experiene.

Second, what OS are you on exactly?

Are you able to cut the sequence in half and see if one of them works?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller