Latest post Sun, Aug 5 2018 8:54 PM by snowbird. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Aug 5 2018 6:38 PM

• snowbird
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 21 2014
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Workflow upgrading from MC 7.0 to 8.9

Hi, where can I find some workflow description how to upgrade from MC 7.0 to 8.9

I own a perpetual active License, I'm using a dongle and a Mac as a workstation.

Thank you for your help, kind regards

• Sun, Aug 5 2018 7:08 PM In reply to

• Pixel Monkey
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Everywhere. Just like Avid ;)
    • Posts 1,212
    • Points 15,245
    • Moderator: Broadcast Newsroom
      Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Workflow upgrading from MC 7.0 to 8.9

Here's what I did recently, going from MC7.0.3 to MC 2018.5...

1) Call tech support. Explain what you are doing and request a Dongle Updater File. They will get all of your info (system ID, dogle code, etc). That dongle updater file they email you is going to be brought into your and activated through the Avid License tool.

2) Download the exact version of MC you told them you are upgrading to. That can be found here (after you login to your yAvid account): http://esd.avid.com/ProductList.aspx 

3) Deactivate your MC software. NOTE -- If you have scriptsync and phrasefind, these will NOT work anymore on the newer MC. These are "version 1.0" of SS and PF. Anything from MC 8.8 onwards uses "version 2.0" of SS and PF. So you'll need to upgrade those. Keeping in mind of course, that if you go with MC "Ultimate", you could get those included.

4) Once you've called tech support, got the dongle file, downloaded MC and deactivated your current one, go ahead and run the uninstaller. Best case scenario is to use the uninstaller app that came with your MC7, but it's not the end of the world if you use the new one that came with your MC8.9.

5) Install 8.9

6) Reboot.

7) Launch the License tool. Activate!

8) Launch MC.

Note: It is absolutely fine to do all of this WHILE you are on the phone with the same Avid phone support person. That's what they're there for. Just get all your downloading done ahead of time, just to save the wait.

Post back with any other questions or concerns. 

ACA Leader__Avid Pro Vid Moderator__Specs? Many. All qualified. But I still do stupid things. :) [view my complete system specs]

Editors are superheroes, cutting life together in a world that cuts itself apart.

Chris Bove' (Pixel Monkey)

Twitter: Follow @heybove

Blog for Craft Editors

WWLD

• Sun, Aug 5 2018 8:31 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,320
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

This article shoud help

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/User_Guide/en244743

Scroll down to the dongle section

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Sun, Aug 5 2018 8:54 PM In reply to

• snowbird
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 21 2014
    • Posts 3
    • Points 35

Awesome! I can not tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to describe the workflow so thoroughly.

Regards

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller