Latest post Mon, Oct 22 2018 8:54 AM by tommix. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Aug 2 2018 3:20 PM

• Bosterm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 2 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

Publishing Does Not Finish

I recently discovreed MC First, and I'm very excited to try all of its features as a video editor hobbyist.

I've been testing out its features, and I'm having a some difficulty with the publishing process. Any time I publish a sequence, it goes perfectly fine until it seems to get to the end of the process, and then it just freezes. The progress bar is full, but all the text says is "Exporting file: [FILENAME].mov". There is no time left text displayed in the lower left of the progress window.

Hitting "ctr + ." does not cancel. The only way to get it to quit is to use task manager to end task. However, when I check the video export, the video appears to be perfectly fine. It's possible that the last few milliseconds may have been cut off, but I'm not 100% sure of this.

I've tried reinstalling, and I've even installed it on multiple computers that have Windows 10. They all have the same problem.

This is not a major problem since the video is still exported, but it's a pain to have to end the task every time.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any ideas of how to fix it?

OS: Windows 10 Home, Processor: Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors, RAM: 16 GB, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 2 2018 4:43 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,724
    • Points 18,985
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Publishing Does Not Finish

Hello Bosterm,

Start with a short clip maybe less than 10 secs.By the way you Windows 10 Home edition and i5 machine is not qualified for MC|First.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 2 2018 6:10 PM In reply to

• Bosterm
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Aug 2 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 25

Thanks for the info.

I tried with less than 10 seconds, still has the issue.

It could very well be because I'm using the home version of windows, but I'm fairly sure the two laptops I tried it on use pro. I can't confirm that until Monday though. They also have a different processor.

Do you know if there are any plans to support Home in the future?

OS: Windows 10 Home, Processor: Intel Core i5-6500 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Cores, 4 Logical Processors, RAM: 16 GB, Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 2 2018 7:11 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,724
    • Points 18,985
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

It could very well the i5 processor. Check the MCF systems requirements.

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Oct 17 2018 10:13 PM In reply to

• MoxoTopu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Oct 17 2018
    • Posts 4
    • Points 40

What normally takes less than a minute is not completing this morning. I am pressing the Publish button from the Power BI Desktop app. Is anyone else having this problem?

• Thu, Oct 18 2018 3:12 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,943
    • Points 214,780
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

I dont know anyone who uses Power BI Desktop.....

what happens if you do it the normal way - In the Sequences Bin, select the sequence you want to publish, right click, select Publish To > local drive.  Then select you option???

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Mon, Oct 22 2018 8:54 AM In reply to

• tommix
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 14 2008
    • Posts 201
    • Points 2,465

Windows HOME has been supported from Day 1. There is a bug in 2018.9 that causes a crash in publishing--see many other posts.

An i5 is not ideal because it doesn't support multithreading, but that is a performance issue.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller