Latest post Thu, Aug 2 2018 3:34 PM by Telegram!. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 1 2018 8:53 PM

ALT click and drag

Hi all-

Can someone explain to me the difference between holding ALT and dragging (lasso'ing) clips to select them?  I often do the same thing and get two different results.

When I hold ALT and lasso a group of clips on the timeline, my desired effect is to select all those clips, to be moved or deleted or what-have-you.  This happens around 50% of the time.

The other 50% of the time, the EDIT POINTS on the group of clips within the lasso become selected. 

I'd love to know what is causing the difference in behaviors.

Thanks!

Chapman

• Wed, Aug 1 2018 10:23 PM In reply to

• Martin Fox
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Mar 14 2014
    • Sydney Australia
    • Posts 198
    • Points 2,080

Re: ALT click and drag

I think it’s dragging to the right that selects clips, and dragging to the left that selects edits.

iMac Retina27 late 2017 4.5Gz i7 40GB AMD 8GB with Sata Raid OS 10.13.4 MC 2018.3 BMD mini monitor with Eizo monitor [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 2 2018 7:37 AM In reply to

Martin Fox:

I think it’s dragging to the right that selects clips, and dragging to the left that selects edits.

That sounds right.

I was looking in Settings > Timeline > Edit which has some lasso-related items... including “Dynamic” which

I just discovered and is a trip!

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Aug 2 2018 2:01 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,352
    • Points 62,775

Telegram!:

Martin Fox:

That sounds right.

I can confirm that it works like Martin wrote.

Telegram!:

I was looking in Settings > Timeline > Edit which has some lasso-related items... including “Dynamic” which

I just discovered and is a trip!

never noticed before, I might tinker with the settings myself, since they're so trippy!

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Thu, Aug 2 2018 2:11 PM In reply to

Yup, that's right.  Fun! 

How does Dynamic work differently?

Chap

• Thu, Aug 2 2018 3:34 PM In reply to

Dynamic seems to highlight or ghost clips as you move mouse back and forth, up and down, so I would say it helps to visualize what will happen, or to preview with precision, before you let go of the lasso to select your clips.

WHAT I WOULD GIVE to be able to Dynamic Toggle my lasso results in these 5 ways: Slide, Slip, Segment Highlight and OFF and also Last Trim.

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller