Latest post Wed, Aug 1 2018 10:12 PM by TrevorA. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Aug 1 2018 12:02 AM

Two simple questions

Hey guys-

Just a simple question that's been driving me batty.  When I use the smart tool to select something, or I have an edit point selected... how do I DE-Select something on the timeline, so that nothing is selected.  Is there a hot key for this?  For instance in other NLE's its ESC.  On AVID though that key is reserved.  I keep hitting it out of muscle memory.

And that said as well, I have an external client monitor... how do I get the image on it?  It normally plays the timeline on both INSIDE composer and on the monitor.  However its black at the moment. 

When I searched help for external monitor, the manual only had a result of how to connect the monitor.

Thanks!

MC

• Wed, Aug 1 2018 1:32 AM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,279
    • Points 39,765

Re: Two simple questions

chapmattman:

And that said as well, I have an external client monitor... how do I get the image on it?  It normally plays the timeline on both INSIDE composer and on the monitor.  However its black at the moment. 

Look for the gear shaped icon right above the sequence.  Make sure it is not marked out.  It is a toggle.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Wed, Aug 1 2018 9:57 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,072
    • Points 12,200

chapmattman:

how do I DE-Select something on the timeline, so that nothing is selected.  Is there a hot key for this?  For instance in other NLE's its ESC.  

Ctl&Shift&A (or Cmd&Shift&A on Mac)

(that’s does also deselect all tracks)

• Wed, Aug 1 2018 6:46 PM In reply to

Sweet, thanks guys!

Is there a way to map CTRL+SHIFT+A to the ESC key?

Chap

• Wed, Aug 1 2018 10:12 PM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,072
    • Points 12,200

No, not without resorting to key remapping software. In which case, yes. Probably.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller