Latest post Sun, Jul 22 2018 3:11 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jul 21 2018 8:30 AM

• Benzev
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 21 2018
    • Posts 0
    • Points 0

Uninstalling sony plug-ins

Hello,

I got a message from avid about uninstalling the old AVCHD plugins and download the latest ones.

I read a few instructions on forums and in the installer guide, and i finally found out that a folder named xdsDeck need to be deleted.

I cant fint any folder named xdsDeck on AVX2_Plug-Ins>AMA... Or anywhere else...

can someone please help me to find out which folders,files, do i need to delete?

*I tryed reinstall through Programms And Softwares on Control Panel, but it didnwt really work.

Thank you!

Hillel.

• Sun, Jul 22 2018 3:11 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,320
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Uninstalling sony plug-ins

Hillel

The AMA plug-in xdsDeck is probably just an outdated one stuck in the new version U upgraded to. This happens because the AMA drivers are actually created by SONY, not by Avid. Now Nablet.  They're also hosted by SONY's website, and occasionally not released in time by SONY for the release of a version of Media Composer...

Two things to remember:

1. In your system tray, do you see the icon of the two arrows facing opposite directions? That's Avid's Background Services. Turn it off before you ever install new AMA plugins. 

2. depending on the version of MC, you need to replace with Nablet.  www.avid.com/ama

If things don't work, report back.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller