Latest post Tue, Jul 17 2018 4:03 AM by Telegram!. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jul 16 2018 11:04 AM

Symphony Wishlist

The Symphony Corrector will soon be updated with masks. Hurrah!

Here are other things I am hoping for:

1. Work in 16 bit and using all the extended colorspace of the current Avid pipeline, currently a grade will clip outside 1-255.
    This would allow multiple corrections and Luts with virtually no chance of clipping. (See Note below.)
    2. Allow to load a LUT as a grade and export a grade as a LUT.

3. Add curves for Saturation vs Lum, Saturation vs Hue.

4. Allow all MC versions to correctly interpret Symphony grades.

5. Access source settings from within CC.

Note:
    Note that internally, levels are normalized to values between 0 and 1.  Black being 0 and white being 1. This normalization process makes it easy to handle media at 8, 10 12 or 16 bits.  Our internal format supports normalized values from -2.0 to 2.0 so nothing gets lost when you apply color transformations.  It might become out of the Legal range (0 to 1 in normalized values, 16-235 in 8 bit representation) but those values are still there.

Symphony 7.06 OS 10.9.5 QT 7.6.3 Mac Pro 2x2.66 6-core 32GB Ram Aja Kona 3. MC 7.0.6 OS 10.9.5 Mac Pro 5.1 2x2.97 6-core 14GB ram Aja I/O express, Apple... [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Mon, Jul 16 2018 2:32 PM In reply to

Re: Symphony Wishlist

David Yardley:
    2. Allow to load a LUT as a grade
       Yes +1  

Currently, I need to add a LUT to log footage at the source level.  With several layers of effects added, MC becomes a bit sluggish...without LUT's, performance is fine.   So I'm hoping once LUT's are integrated into Symphony's CC, performance will improve.

MC 2018.4 with Symphony, Matrox MX02 Mini Max, Win 7 Pro, HP Z800 2x6-Core 3.2Ghz Xeon, 48GB ram, Quadro K4200, SanDisk Extreme 240GB SSD as system drive... [view my complete system specs]

I have a fantastic editing assistant.  He stays by my side when I edit...doesn't talk too much...and thinks I'm a genius!    Check him out here: www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQVkYaaPO6g

• Tue, Jul 17 2018 4:03 AM In reply to

Re: Symphony Wishlist

+1

also...

Most cameras offer a version of “Sharpen”

or “Noise Reduction” which can sometimes Soften an image.

To match unmatched shots, that’s what I’d like to see in the Symphony CC toolset... or is it there already? Hi 

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller