Latest post Sun, Oct 6 2019 5:26 PM by camoscato. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jul 15 2018 7:46 AM

• Vincent
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 19 2011
    • Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Posts 18
    • Points 280

Can't activate MC on my new computer, because I can't deactivate it from my old computer.

Locked Contact

I wiped my old computer and sold it, but never thought to deactivate Media Composer, so now when I try to activate it on my new computer it says the license is for a different device ID. I can't change the device ID. I Googled around a bit, and downloaded Avid License Control, but it just gives me an error after I installed it and tried to run it. How can I fix this? And why can't I deactivate my old computer online under my account management? 

Please help.

HP Z820 Workstation, Windows 7 Professional - Service Pack 1 - 64 bit, Intel Xeon E5-2640 @ 2.50GHz dual processors, 16 GB memory, Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 15 2018 8:52 AM In reply to

Re: Can't activate MC on my new computer, because I can't deactivate it from my old computer.

Locked Contact

You have to contact Avid Support for remote deactivation.

http://www.avid.com/US/support/support-contact

Select Broadcast & Video, then on the next page click the + next to Contact Support and call the number listed for your area.  Help with activation issues is free, and it's option 2 from the phone menu.

If you still don't get anywhere with them, send an email to Marianna Montague (marianna.montague@avid.com).  She's their customer advocate, and can help you.

Media Composer 2019.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Jul 15 2018 1:06 PM In reply to

• Vincent
    • Not Ranked
    • Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Posts 18
    • Points 280

Re: Can't activate MC on my new computer, because I can't deactivate it from my old computer.

Locked Contact

Thanks. Very helpful, but doesn't work on the weekend. This has to be a huge flaw in their license and support. Many people are on time sensitive projects and I suppose I could pay for 24/7 support, but this shouldn't be a reason to need it. Deactivations should be 100% client control online anytime. 

HP Z820 Workstation, Windows 7 Professional - Service Pack 1 - 64 bit, Intel Xeon E5-2640 @ 2.50GHz dual processors, 16 GB memory, Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 15 2018 1:29 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 2,057
    • Points 22,850
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Locked Contact

Hi Vincent,

Send me an email, I will deactivate the license, including the Systems ID to be deactivated.

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Jul 15 2018 1:31 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

Vincent:
    Deactivations should be 100% client control online anytime. 

I agree.

Do you have any trial mode time left? If so you could run in trial mode for a few days while you're waiting for support to open or Marianna to email you back. You might try emailing Raff Condalor (raff.condalor@avid.com), who can also help.

x-posted with Ralph, who was answering at the SAME EXACT TIME! COINCIDENCE? PROBABLY!

Media Composer 2019.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

• Wed, Jul 18 2018 1:36 PM In reply to

• Vincent
    • Not Ranked
    • Fort Lauderdale, FL
    • Posts 18
    • Points 280

Locked Contact

Thanks all. I got a response a day later with customer support and it all worked out. Cheers. 

• Sun, Oct 6 2019 1:40 PM In reply to

• zavadescu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 5 2011
    • Posts 2
    • Points 20

Locked Contact

Hey Ralph,

I have the same issue. Ive sent uou an email with my system ID.

Thank you.

• Sun, Oct 6 2019 5:26 PM In reply to

Locked Contact

zavadescu:

Hey Ralph,

I have the same issue. Ive sent uou an email with my system ID.

Thank you.

Anyone who wants to help, follow this link to zavadescu's other thread on this subject:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/183532.aspx

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller