Latest post Fri, Jul 13 2018 9:40 PM by glenT. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jul 13 2018 8:38 PM

• glenT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 9 2010
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Where is activation code?

I have Avid Media Composer w/Symphony perpetual product with an up-to-date plan. I updated to the latest version 2018.7 but when opening got the error message  "This software was released past your contract expiration date". As stated, my plan is current.

I reset my appman application as suggested at http://community.avid.com/forums/p/138320/784985.aspx

Now I can't find my activation code so am unable to activate the software. Can someone jog my memory as to where to access it. It's not in my account info - is it on an email?

Thanks.

iMac 27" OS Sierra v10.12.6 3.2 GHz, 16 GB Ram [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jul 13 2018 8:42 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,367
    • Points 207,395
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Where is activation code?

Glen

Easy peasy

You need to deactivate then activate once a year so the system "phones home" so to speak to the server and all the things that have changed such as your new plan update.

Log in to your MY Avid at account.avid.com and then open My products and Subscritions.  It will be there.

stuck

email me

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Jul 13 2018 9:40 PM In reply to

• glenT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 9 2010
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Re: Where is activation code?

Of course; it was right under my nose! I just didn't open the product details and links tab fully. Thanks.

iMac 27" OS Sierra v10.12.6 3.2 GHz, 16 GB Ram [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller