Latest post Fri, Sep 14 2018 4:27 PM by Paul Garmon. 21 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Aug 14 2018 10:55 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 23 2010
    • Miami, Florida
    • Posts 53
    • Points 660

Re: 2018.7 Decklink Mini Monitor does not work

Final Effects 7 is the problem.  Thanks again!

Imacpro 10C, 64Gig, R64 - Decklink Monior [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 14 2018 11:04 AM In reply to

• WILLfx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 18 2011
    • Germany
    • Posts 24
    • Points 280

So you have FE 7 and it's also causing the issue? I had FE 6 not the upgrade to 7.

So if FE 7 is causing the same issue to upgrade to 7 wouldn't solve the issue?

After all this is a legacy product.

MC 2018.5.1, BCC 10, Adobe CC 2018, iMacPro 10 core, OSX 10.13.5, 64 GB, Aja ioEXPRESS [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Aug 15 2018 11:25 AM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Miami, Florida
    • Posts 53
    • Points 660

Boris fx is awware of the issue and is researching.

• Thu, Aug 16 2018 7:40 PM In reply to

• WILLfx
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 18 2011
    • Germany
    • Posts 24
    • Points 280

Hi John

would be nice to drop me a line if you get news from Boris

Thank you

MC 2018.5.1, BCC 10, Adobe CC 2018, iMacPro 10 core, OSX 10.13.5, 64 GB, Aja ioEXPRESS [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Aug 28 2018 2:34 PM In reply to

• John
    • Not Ranked
    • Miami, Florida
    • Posts 53
    • Points 660

Still no response from Boris fx.  Upon further reveiw, its seems that the Final effects complete plugin is keeping the avid I/O from loading, not necessarily blocking the blackmagic i/o only since the ne i/o button does not load on the timeline window. Can AVID please look into this?  I am available if you need to remote in to resolve the issue.  Again, all works fine at 2018.5 and lower.

• Wed, Aug 29 2018 5:26 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,896
    • Points 214,175
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

I got the following from Jon at BorisFX

Issue:  users have reported that one or more of the items below* are crashing Avid MC when being closed; they will open and operate fine, but Avid either turns black, or suddenly encounters a problem and needs to Close.  These situations appear to always be on Windows 7 and when users are using Dual/Multi Monitor setups. * - The products are -- BCC Title Studio mocha Pro the mocha inside the BCC AVX filters Boris RED BCC's FX Browser. For these situations, I wrote up a fix which has just been uploaded to our site as an FAQ entry, which has been green-lit to relay to you.  It is located here -- https://borisfx.com/faq/mocha-pro-in-avid/ Now on to check the other BorisFX issue........ Marianna
    Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Sep 14 2018 4:27 PM In reply to

Hi, Just wanted to let you know that Boris FX and Avid are indeed working together to understand what's going on with this issue.  It's been a bit busy with trade shows and such lately, so I do apologize for not being able to directly interact before (and it also took a while to figure out how to get back onto this Avid board, straightening out my Avid Master Account and all that!).  Feel free to directly contact me at garmon@borisfx.com.   While we have not solved whatever this conflict is, I can provide a workaround, which allows both FEC and the external monitor to function, but it's not something I would want to distribute publicly, as it goes beyond the scope of our own software.

Page 2 of 2 (22 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller