Latest post Sun, Jul 8 2018 6:12 AM by luca.mg. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jul 5 2018 5:40 PM

Drop down menus on multiple monitors?

Is there any way to have the FILE/EDIT/BIN menus on the right hand monitor in a two monitor setup?  I know Premiere on Mac allows this, it seemed like a very helpful feature.

Thanks

Chapman

• Thu, Jul 5 2018 5:50 PM In reply to

Re: Drop down menus on multiple monitors?

What does file edit bin even mean in an MC?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Thu, Jul 5 2018 8:05 PM In reply to

The drop-down menus that are a the top of Windows.  That you click on.  They rest on the left monitor or top left of a window, would be great to have them on both.  On OSX multi-monitor setup you can do so, not sure if you can on a Windows mahine.

FILE    EDIT    BIN    CLIP    TIMELINE    COMPOSER   TOOLS    WINDOWS     SCRIPT      MARKETPLACE     TRANSFER   HELP

• Thu, Jul 5 2018 8:17 PM In reply to

I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think you can.

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Jul 8 2018 6:12 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,397
    • Points 63,300

It's not an MC/Premiere thing, it's the way Windows and OSX handle the screen(s): in Windows the menu is tied to the program's window (!), in Mac OS the menu bar is "floating", and can be moved to any monitor You like, or even cloned in all the available monitors (default); it's a different window management, and there's nothing You can do about it, as You can't force Windows to behave like OSX.

Symphony 2018.9, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller