Latest post Thu, Jul 5 2018 5:10 PM by NYnutz. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jul 3 2018 12:28 AM

• Thomas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 23 2014
    • Cologne
    • Posts 33
    • Points 460

colorgrade customers projects without the need of export mediafiles

H!
    I ve got a question, maybe someone can orientate us. Is it possible to use MediaCentral (Avid Everywhere) to colorgrade customers projects without the need of export mediafiles?

Thank you Thomas

Z840, Win7Pro, 32GB RAM DDR4, NVIDIA Quadra K4200, Dual Intel Xenon E5 - 2650v3 2.3 2133 10Core / Macbook Pro Retina, MAC OS 10.10.5, 2,8 GHz Intel Core... [view my complete system specs]

Thomas Poerschke, Editor & Colorist

ColorGrading.TV @ MMC Studios Köln, Am Coloneum 1, 50829 Cologne, Germany
    web: www.colorgrading.tv

• Tue, Jul 3 2018 3:24 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 292
    • Points 3,390

Re: colorgrade customers projects without the need of export mediafiles

As far as I know, there is no mediacentral integration with Davinci Resolve, only Premiere via the mediacentral premiere pro connector panel. If you already have mediacentral, this is fairly easy to deploy for testing - you need to have some knowledge of generating and installing SSL certificates in order to make it work.  

Note that for the premiere panel for mediacentral, any advanced workflows require Media Director/Mediacentral|Ingest/whatever it's called these days. This includes file re-wrap or transcode, and changing the storage lcoation. For edit-in-place (adobe linking to native avid mediafiles on ISIS), if your permissions are good and you are using sequences without complicated effects, it works pretty well out of the box.  

there is also the baselight plugin for media composer/symphony, but that falls outside the mediacentral category.

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

• Wed, Jul 4 2018 8:40 PM In reply to

• Thomas
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 23 2014
    • Cologne
    • Posts 33
    • Points 460

Hello Thanks for your replay.

First we would like to colorgrade with Avid itself. We are using Avid Symphony. Futher we would grade with Baselight for Avid by Filmlight. Filmlight is part of MediaCentral. Secound we would not use Premiere or DaVinci. We would like to grade at Baslight One by Filmlight. But this everybody makes how he likes.

If the client is in another Production house and has a MediaCentral-Thing, whatever it means... we could get a log-in account by our client and grade with Avid at his film, right? 

Or could we also use our Avid to grade the Clients film with Media Central. How does Avid make this work?

Thanks for help,

Thomas

Z840, Win7Pro, 32GB RAM DDR4, NVIDIA Quadra K4200, Dual Intel Xenon E5 - 2650v3 2.3 2133 10Core / Macbook Pro Retina, MAC OS 10.10.5, 2,8 GHz Intel Core... [view my complete system specs]

Thomas Poerschke, Editor & Colorist

ColorGrading.TV @ MMC Studios Köln, Am Coloneum 1, 50829 Cologne, Germany
    web: www.colorgrading.tv

• Thu, Jul 5 2018 5:10 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 292
    • Points 3,390

So, this is probably a better conversation to have with your avid account team or your VAR, especially if they have interplay/mediacentral ACSRs on staff.  

You can use the product called "Media Composer Cloud Remote" (formerly interplay sphere, Mediacentral Cloud), with the proper networking and security infrastructure, to connect remote editing systems back to your "home" environment. This requires an interplay production workgroup (engine, media indexers, ISIS/Nexis, interplay delivery), Mediacentral Server(s) with distribution service, networking, and a method to connect the remote client, like a software VPN client or a permanent VPN tunnel via a firewall or appliance. Both sides need to have compatible versions of media composer, and the remote media composer client needs to have the interplay MC Cloud components installed and configured.

However, based on my testing, it is NOT designed for heavy/craft editorial. It's meant for simple timelines with limited effects, and last i checked, was missing support for critical items, such as rendered effects and titles. (Avid folks, if this has changed, please correct me.) What this means is that the remote editor can "download" the sequence and hires media to their local environment, but in order to pass a sequence BACK to home base, all the renders and titles must be deleted/made offline. There are also limitations on specific media formats, frame rates, and other object types (groups, multigroups, subclips, subsequences, ancillary data may not behave the same as regular media composer.)  

See the Avid Knowledgebase for more information, here.

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller