Latest post Fri, Jun 29 2018 8:38 PM by Fish. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 29 2018 8:38 PM

• Fish
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Oct 15 2005
    • Filet Post, Halifax NS
    • Posts 540
    • Points 6,555

Proxy rez in 4K should not reset the media creation settings

We work with a  lot of 4K footage so the ability to change the settings to work with proxies with a quick pull-down menu is a neat trick.

But I was horrified to discover my first 4K master accidentally imported a bunch of files at an inferior resolution because when you are in a proxy mode it switches the imports and titles, etc. to a different codec. That would be understandable (kind of), if it weren’t for the fact that it keeps that setting when you turn the proxy option off(!) So you remain unaware that you are not getting the best quality possible. Personally I think the MC should know better. And given the proxies will affect the previously imported files with a better codec, there’s no reason when it can’t ignore the proxy setting during operations like imports and title generation. It is no different from allowing separate settings under tabs for each type of ingest operation.
    2012 Westmere MacPro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon) 6 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB As of Jan 2015 - OS X 10.9.5 (13F34) [view my complete system specs]

AVID man, AVID fan (since 1993 with version 4.5 - before multiple tracks!)...like to solve my own problems and I try not to bother anyone unless I'm really stumped.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller