Latest post Fri, Jun 29 2018 3:57 PM by Marianna. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jun 29 2018 3:23 PM

• easterntv
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 12 2015
    • Posts 5
    • Points 85

Media Composer vs Media Composer Ultimate

Currently I have 37 Annual Subscriptions of MC at $49.99/mo.  Avid now has a version of MC available for $19.99/mo.  Will that version of MC work in a shared storage environment on a Facilis Terrablock? The Avid website says, "Professional editors and movie makers who work independently".  I can't find a deaper explanation of what tht means. 

Is anyone working with both? I don't need PhraseFind or ScriptSync that Ultimate offeres on every machine but I do need everyone to be able to share bins and projects. 

• Fri, Jun 29 2018 3:57 PM In reply to

Re: Media Composer vs Media Composer Ultimate

Terrablock has an Avid File System (AFS) emulation mode. This allows MC to trigger bin locking. Since bin locking is NOT in the regular version of MC, I assume it will not work with Terrablock other than single write mode (no project sharing or multi write media drives).

MC 8.6.1, Windows 10, ASROCK X99M, Intel 5930K, Zotac GTX970, 32GB RAM, Transcend 512GB M.2 SSD & Dell U2713H. MBP 2012 Thunderbolt, OSX 10.10.5, MC... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Jun 29 2018 3:57 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,887
    • Points 214,090
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Media Composer vs Media Composer Ultimate

Hey there easternTV.....   

The MC Ultimate will work with the share storage.  If you have MC already and it is say active, then when time to renew you have the option to move to Ultimate.  However only new subscritions and perpetual licenses of Ultimate come with the SS, PF and Symphony options.  

Ping me off forum and include at lest one system ID and your MYAvid and I can advise on best approach for you at the best price.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller