Latest post Thu, Jun 28 2018 4:53 PM by chapmattman. 8 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 26 2018 2:47 AM

Missing "Fast Forward" and "Rewind" from Command Palatte

Got a weird one here. I'm starting at a new studio and there's another editor who's been here a while. I'm on 8.9.4, and they are on 8.9.3

I went to customize my keyboard, and my version (.4), is MISSING the FAST FORWARD and REWIND buttons on the "MOVE" tab.  They appear on his.

Have they been removed or replaced with something else?

• Wed, Jun 27 2018 12:37 AM In reply to

Re: Missing "Fast Forward" and "Rewind" from Command Palatte

I've posted a few things... are there atually people in these forums.. Huh?

Kidding aside, below are MY options,

And below are HIS

• Wed, Jun 27 2018 9:00 AM In reply to

• Wouter P
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 27 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Hi

You can use the "Go to Previous Event" button and "Go to Next Event" button.

In the composer settings you have to select "Ignore track selectors"

This should work.

• Wed, Jun 27 2018 9:22 AM In reply to

chapmattman:

Have they been removed or replaced with something else?

http://resources.avid.com/SupportFiles/attach/WhatsNew_MediaComposer_v8.9.4.pdf

MC 8.9.4 What's New:
    The Rewind and Fast Forward buttons have been renamed and have new icons to reflect what the buttons actually do. The new names are Go to Next Event and Go to Previous Event. The functionality of these buttons has not changed. These buttons move the position indicator in your Avid editing application monitors according to the options selected in the Move tab of the Composer settings.

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Jun 27 2018 1:17 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,225
    • Points 39,125

I do think they got renamed at some point.  Not in front of machine.  But look in the same catagory as before.  They are there.

Jef

EDIT:  Ok, this has been answered.  Odd.  When I first read this thread, only the first post was present ......

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC 8.5.3 / 8.9.4 | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown" QT 10.0... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Wed, Jun 27 2018 8:25 PM In reply to

I mapped those to the keyboard, but they do not function as advertised.  Instead, they seem to perform the equivalent of the HOME and END keys, taking me to the start of the timeline, or the end of the timeline, respectively.

Am I doing something wrong?  I have the tracks in question active...

The "What's New" Guide suggests that I can make a PREFERENCES selection in the MOVE tab of my preferences.  I am looking for that... Confused

thanks

chapman

• Wed, Jun 27 2018 8:36 PM In reply to

• Wouter P
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Jun 27 2018
    • Posts 2
    • Points 10

Hi

When you go to your composer settings, you have to select "Ignore track selectors".

Then it works.

• Thu, Jun 28 2018 6:04 AM In reply to

chapmattman:
    The "What's New" Guide suggests that I can make a PREFERENCES selection in the MOVE tab of my preferences.  I am looking for that... Confused

As Wouter mentioned, the guide says to go to the MOVE TAB of your COMPOSER SETTINGS, which you can find under the SETTINGS TAB of the PROJECT WINDOW.

What's New Guide:
    ... according to the options selected in the Move tab of the Composer settings.

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Thu, Jun 28 2018 4:53 PM In reply to

You guys did it!  Thank you very much! 

You're going to be hearing a bunch from me as I acclimate to AMC.  That said, when I know a software very well, I become an evangelist for it. 

Appreciate you bearing with me. 

Chapman

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller