Latest post Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:42 PM by ripvanmarlowe. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 5 2018 4:02 PM

Where to change "Add filler at position" duration?

In the Timeline settings you are able to change the start filler duration time.  It defaults to 30 seconds i think.

A newer feature is "Add filler at postition" which is found by right clicking in the timeline.  This defaults to a 1 second filler slug.  Where can one go about changing the default duration of this filler?

Also, placing the cursor at the very end of the timeline and trying to add filler doesn't work.  It would be nice if it did.

Andi

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 MC 2018.9.0 Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 5 2018 7:39 PM In reply to

Re: Where to change "Add filler at position" duration?

ripvanmarlowe:

In the Timeline settings you are able to change the start filler duration time.  It defaults to 30 seconds i think.

A newer feature is "Add filler at postition" which is found by right clicking in the timeline.  This defaults to a 1 second filler slug.  Where can one go about changing the default duration of this filler?

Also, placing the cursor at the very end of the timeline and trying to add filler doesn't work.  It would be nice if it did.

Andi

on v8.8.4 the Timeline Setting > Edit tab shows Start Filler Duration input  box.

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 5 2018 7:59 PM In reply to

Yes, that's what I said.  But I'm talking about the "Add filler at position" option which defaults to 1 second.  Changing the start filler duration doesn't affect the filler at position duration and there is no input box for that.  It would be better if there was a universal filler length input box that affects all filler types, not just start filler.

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, mid 2014) 2.5GHz Core i7 16GB 1600 MHz DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2048MB MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 MC 2018.9.0 Symphony... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:32 PM In reply to

ripvanmarlowe:

Yes, that's what I said.  But I'm talking about the "Add filler at position" option which defaults to 1 second.  Changing the start filler duration doesn't affect the filler at position duration and there is no input box for that.  It would be better if there was a universal filler length input box that affects all filler types, not just start filler.

Oh, I see what you mean. sorry. I've never used it. I can still Load Filler into Source Monitor or a Small Monitor, and I set up Marks to get my preferred duration.

I tried mapping Filler at Position onto a spare Timeline icon and I can wail on that like a trim key to add 1 second per click... thanks for pointing this feature out.  Maybe there's a Console command?

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Jun 5 2018 8:42 PM In reply to

Yeah, it looks like it's one of those famous "half-implemented" Avid features.  Would be a nice time saver if it was a bit more configurable.  It needs to work at the end of the timeline too.  Oh well, no biggie, just wanted to see if I was missing some hidden menu option.  Maybe it'll get updated in a future update to be a bit more useful.

Andi

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller