Latest post Sun, Jun 3 2018 6:16 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jun 3 2018 6:16 PM

Media indexer ActiveMQ automatic re-connection

I could ask this question to Support but I'd like to see what others are experiencing out in the field as well.

Since the removal of the framework in the media indexer and the introduction of the ActiveMQ connection, the FI database and mongoDB a lot of fixes have been introduced in the media indexer to resolve a multitude of problems. The most important fix being the improved memory management preventing slowness and crashes.

These crashes however made a certain architectual behavior visible of which I do not know if this is by design or if they could be considered bugs.

If the mongodb service crashes (with or without taking the classic MI service or the whole server BSOD with it) and it is brought back up, clients like a client local media indexer, transcode services, stp service, media central etc.. often nead restarts to re-connect to the media indexer. It is as if the ActiveMQ connection for these clients does not support automatic re-connection.

If this is by design, could it be wise to release a document/knowledgebase article which clients require a restart after each of the individual media indexer services is restarted?

Thanks.

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller