Latest post Thu, May 31 2018 10:44 PM by Vadym. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 31 2018 10:19 AM

• Yura
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, May 15 2018
    • Posts 6
    • Points 50

Import AAF to Avid media offline

Hello,

I'm generating AAF files with external references to MOV's on Windows using AAF SDK. When I do import to Avid Media Composer (Version:8.9.3.47090.0) I have media offline. After a lot of experiments I found that SourceMob ID which generated automatically is not good for Avid.

The similar issue which was with external MXF for AAF I solved. For MXF I retrieved SourceMob ID from mxf metadata  - file_package_umid. But I don't know where to get this ID from mov file. Also if do export of AAF with external mov file in Da Vinci and try import to Avid I have offline media too. Could you give me some explanation? How correct generate Source MobID in AAF for Avid?

With best regards,

Yura.

• Thu, May 31 2018 10:44 PM In reply to

• Vadym
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Apr 17 2014
    • Posts 195
    • Points 2,430
    • Avid Developer Moderator
      Avid Employee

Re: Import AAF to Avid media offline

Hi Yura,

This topic is intended for Avid MediaCentral Production development questions. Please open a case with Avid support if you have an issue with MediaComposer import feature.

To ingest media directly into Avid MediaCentral Production you will need to obtain AMT SDK or AMC service through the developer program http://www.avid.com/alliance-partner-program

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller