Latest post Tue, Nov 20 2018 1:16 AM by marlowe. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 29 2018 10:28 AM

ERORR : The file format "...... MP4" is not supported for import

Hi,

What is the solution to the error in Avid Media Composer?

The file format "...... MP4" is not supported for import

When I try to import files of type: (MP4) that were taken in the PANASONIC AG-UX180

The photo settings on the camera were: 1920x1080 (50 fps

Thanks,

Shauli.

• Tue, May 29 2018 1:02 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,204
    • Points 218,070
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: ERORR : The file format "...... MP4" is not supported for import

Shaul....

You could adjust MP4/MOV to a more editing-friendly format, such as Avid’s DNxHD. 

The article would show you how to convert MP4/MOV to Avid Media Composer step by step with a professional Video Converter.

By running it, there is no need to to set the codec yourselft, the program has an optimized preset for Avid.

With it, you can convert any video to Avid DNxHD encoded MOV files without quality loss.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Wed, May 30 2018 4:50 PM In reply to

And it would be easier for us to help you if you give us more details about what is the Avid version.

Also it would be better to link by AMA using the Panasonic AMA plugin I just posted at another thread.

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(390.77)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2018.12 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Tue, Nov 20 2018 1:16 AM In reply to

• marlowe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

This really goes out to AVID. I am so disgusted with Media Comploser. It is pathetic really that there is always a failure of success along the way. I have never once been able to get through a project without some issue. Yet I open the same m4v file in Premier and, gee, there it is. No $30 program to remedy the problem. Every month or so I give media Composer another chance to redeem itself and here I am again. I just wish I hadn't spent so many years learning and money on it. It is such a mess and dissappointment. I keep making a fool out of myself re-upping every so often in the hopes that issues will be remedied but all that happens is new features added on a broken foundation.

Jim Reeves

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller