Latest post Thu, May 31 2018 5:41 PM by Marianna. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 29 2018 9:18 AM

• Ondrej Azor
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Jun 21 2011
    • Slovenská republika
    • Posts 35
    • Points 435

Media Composer (Ultimate?) viewer wrong color channels

I am having strange problem on my test workstation. I downloaded 2018.5 trial and evertyhing went fine during the installation (reinstallation of prior version). But as soon as I opened the MC, there are 2 strange things.

First - it reports itself as a "Ultimate" version, which I don't see on my regular studio installations (currently 2018.4), the title only report connected HW (DNxIO). Is it because the trial has all options enabled by default? But I have not recall seeing the "Ultimate" sticker for a long time in any testing of new version. My regular 3 installations are all dongle based with no option activated and this test MC in in trial mode, reporting all options activated.

Second - the colours in viewer windows (both source/record) are corrupted, as if the red and blue channels are swapped (see the picture). Never saw this before. Checked project colour space, viewer colour space, LUTs etc. I have no idea what is wrong. The problem is present only in viewers, when working in Title tool, the picture looks fine, also in Source Settings everythig looks fine (and histograms are correctly plotted). So it seems that the problem is only during viewing in composer window.

Although this workstation is for testing only, now I am now unsure whether or not to deploy 2018.5 to edit rooms... Strage thing is that I was not able to find any user report of the wrong colour issue.

Thank you for any suggestions.

DNxIO w. MC8.7.2 on HP z820 [view my complete system specs]
    Filed under:
  • Tue, May 29 2018 10:25 AM In reply to

• TVJohn
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Bayonne NJ
    • Posts 4,306
    • Points 53,235

Re: Media Composer (Ultimate?) viewer wrong color channels

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/184445.aspx

Yes, there is a problem with .5

Dell Display U2713HM(2560x1440), AMD FX8350 8core, AMD 990FX mobo, 32gig-DDR3-1600, Quadro K620/GTX260/core 216, Audigy2zs, 1TB SSD system drive, 2TB SATA... [view my complete system specs]

Using MC 8.4. Avid FX6.4, Vegas Pro 15/ DVD Architect 6pro, DVDit6.4proHD, CCE Basic, TmpGe Express4, TmpGe Authoring Works 4, DVDLab-Studio. Sony EX-1R, Canon XH-A1, GL2, GL1, Canon EOS 60D

• Tue, May 29 2018 12:56 PM In reply to

• Ondrej Azor
    • Not Ranked
    • Slovenská republika
    • Posts 35
    • Points 435

TVJohn:

http://community.avid.com/forums/t/184445.aspx

Yes, there is a problem with .5

Thank you TVJohn! This was indeed the same issue, resolved by disabling the appropriate setting in Video display setting Smile

Any idea on "Ultimate" thing? I am just curious.

• Tue, May 29 2018 1:05 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,330
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Ultimate , MC and MC First came out with 2018.5....  Thats why 2018.4 doesnt show that.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Tue, May 29 2018 1:12 PM In reply to

• Ondrej Azor
    • Not Ranked
    • Slovenská republika
    • Posts 35
    • Points 435

Thank you Marianna. And what is the difference between "Ultimare" and "MC"? Activated options only?

• Tue, May 29 2018 1:25 PM In reply to

Ondrej Azor:
    And what is the difference between "Ultimare" and "MC"?

http://www.avid.com/media-composer-ultimate/comparison

Media Composer 2018.7 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Tue, May 29 2018 1:32 PM In reply to

• Ondrej Azor
    • Not Ranked
    • Slovenská republika
    • Posts 35
    • Points 435

Thank you.

• Thu, May 31 2018 5:41 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,520
    • Points 209,330
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Ondrej Azor:

Thank you Marianna. And what is the difference between "Ultimare" and "MC"? Activated options only?

The primary editing features and functions of Media Composer and Media Composer | Ultimate will be the same. The differences are that the new Media Composer offers a lower cost entry to the industry-standard editing tool and is geared for independent editors and moviemakers.

Media Composer | Ultimate is formerly Media Composer with an added software bundle. Media Composer | Ultimate offers expanded workflows for use in collaborative production environments, such as post and broadcast, offering enhanced integration with Avid NEXIS, MediaCentral | Editorial Management, and MediaCentral | Production Management, plus access to shared bins, >projects, and more.

A MC perpeutal license that gets its suport/upgrade plan renewed will convert to Ultimate and come with those features I discussed above.

NEW Media Composer | Ultimate will come bundled with additional software: the ScriptSync, PhraseFind, Symphony and NewsCutter options.

All of these options are available to Media Composer and Media Composer Ultimate customers as purchasable subscriptions.  

While Media Composer and Media Composer | Ultimate will both offer access to the latest tools throughout your subscription, Media Composer will come with Standard support (web only) and Media Composer | Ultimate will come with ExpertPlus support (web and phone). In addition, Media Composer | Ultimate will offer Floating Licensing (not available with Media Composer).  

HTH

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller