Latest post Thu, May 24 2018 7:27 PM by Jeroen van Eekeres. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 21 2018 8:13 AM

• EXT21
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, May 21 2018
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Interplay Search Query!

Hello!

I have a query which I am hoping someone can help me with.

If a Hard Drive with a catalogue of albums in an MXF format is ingested in a core storage, to then be accessed within Interplay. Is it possible to search through this catalogue in Interplay? At the moment I can only search in Avid Access.

Is there a way to search through media from an ingested extrernal drive in Interplay or would there have to be an added third party search?

I hope this makes sense and someone can help!

Thanks,
    Eve

Filed under: ,
  • Mon, May 21 2018 8:07 PM In reply to

Re: Interplay Search Query!

EXT21:
    At the moment I can only search in Avid Access.

I not sure what is wrong with that. What kind of other tool are you expecting?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

• Thu, May 24 2018 7:46 AM In reply to

• EXT21
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

I'm just asking if I can search through media in interplay. Sorry if it was a bit convoluted!

• Thu, May 24 2018 3:12 PM In reply to

• NYnutz
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 25 2009
    • New York City
    • Posts 300
    • Points 3,460

The confusion here, at least from my prespective, is that you say you can search via Access. Access *IS* interplay for the desktop.   

Unless there is confusion about product names or what you are trying to do...I don't know how to help. 

Dave

Post Production Infrastructure Engineer

"A very big network"

• Thu, May 24 2018 3:24 PM In reply to

• EXT21
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 3
    • Points 45

Ah okay, I am also confused too! I am trying to get to the bottom of this for a client. So apologies! Below i shall post below what exactly has been said, hopefully it may make more sense and an answer can be drawn to conclude this question aha

"We have an Enterprise Avid solution with Interplay and Access so all the media is on our core storage and has individual folders containing the various “CDs” in the tree structure.  The problem for us is you don’t seem to be able to do a catalogue search in Interplay but you can in Access (which we don’t let the editors loose on"

Thanks,

Eve 

• Thu, May 24 2018 7:27 PM In reply to

Ok let's clear this up.

When you/they write 

EXT21:
    do a catalogue search in Interplay
    , are we talking about the interplay window inside media composer?

Most of the MC/NC, Interplay, Nexis, ISIS, Unity stuff. [view my complete system specs]

Avid reseller ACSR at Telmaco

http://www.telmaco.gr/en/

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller