Latest post Sat, May 19 2018 3:02 PM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 19 2018 2:07 AM

Help setting up this 4k project with multiple frame rates?

I'm helping a friend set up his avid project and it was unfortunately shot at multiple frame rates. I've only ever worked with 2 at most (usually the base frame rate and then something we'd be using for slowmo). Right now we have these different frame rates

23.97fps (what the director wants it to be eventually shipped at)

24fps

29.97fps

59.94fps

60fps

all shot in 4k. So before in classes the professor had said when working in multiple frame rates, make a second project at that framerate and use the open bin feature to bring in the footage thats at different frame rates. My question is do I make the proxy files in those other projects? Or do I link to the bin then make the proxies in the main 23.97 project? We're using the offline/online workflow by the way not the davinci roundtrip.

• Sat, May 19 2018 3:02 PM In reply to

Re: Help setting up this 4k project with multiple frame rates?

You can still work in that old way of a project for each framerate. Make the proxies and then copy those bins to the main project.

However newer versions of MC allow you to transcode and retain the source framerate. So you can do it all in one.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller