Latest post Tue, May 15 2018 4:04 PM by ramz434. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 15 2018 3:29 PM

• opie177
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Wed, Nov 18 2009
    • Chicago
    • Posts 65
    • Points 925

Nested Effects help

So... after using MC for more than 10 years I have forgotten how (if) I can move multiple effetcs to a new clip.

I have a clip which has a color correction, resize and a vingette effect. I want toi replace the clip ith another. Whats the easiest/fastest way to add ALL 3 nested effects to the new clip?

Thanks for the help. 

• Tue, May 15 2018 4:03 PM In reply to

• Dave
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 14 2012
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 21
    • Points 235

Re: Nested Effects help

Try stepping all the way into the clip on the timeline, load the new clip into the source and set the in point, select the target track of the clip you stepped into on the timeline and replace edit.  When you step all the way out again you should see all your effects applied to the new clip.

An alternative is to add an edit point at the start and end of the clip on an empty track above it and apply all your effects to that instead of directly to the clip.  This new layer will effect everything below it and can be copied and pasted as much as you like. 

Media Composer 2018.5, Windows 10 Pro (1709), Dell T7910, Intel Xeon E5-2687W v4 @3.00GHz 12-Core, 96GB RAM, EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080 ti SC2, Dell P2415Q,... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, May 15 2018 4:04 PM In reply to

• ramz434
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Long Island
    • Posts 183
    • Points 2,270

Re: Nested Effects help

My way is to in/out the clip you want - CTRL + ALT it to the preview monitor - lay it back in to the sequence, step all the way in to the base of the nested effect and replace the clip.

If the effects are not nested directly on top of a clip, i.e on V2 if your clip is on V1, you can do the same thing,but you wont have to step in and replace the clip. Doing it this way also lets you drag it from the preview monitor to a bin and then you've always got the nested effects ready to drop in. Of course you can do this with the top method, but without the added step of going to replace the clip.

There are (most likely) other ways - but this is my muscle memory quick way.

- HP Z400/24gb ram/Windows 10/MC8.9.4/256gb Samsung SSD/ NVidia GTX 1080/HP ZR22 Monitors/ - Macbook Pro/16gb ram/OS 10.13/MC8.9.4/NVIDIA GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller