Latest post Sat, May 12 2018 2:01 PM by dave_ogunde. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, May 8 2018 9:42 PM

HELP!!! Avid VideoRaid SR Controller front LED Lights off

Hello, Can any one help!?  The VideoRaid SR Front Controller LED lights not working and the SR RAID drives missing from the  list. I am getting a 'MEDIA OFFLINE' status as all media stored on the SR are 'missing in action'

This is VERY URGENT! I know that Avid does not support the VideoRaid SR anymore. But some of us paid so much to buy this system in the first place. Any information about what could be wrong will be very much appreciated as well as what could possibly be done to fix it.

• Wed, May 9 2018 12:07 PM In reply to

Re: HELP!!! Avid VideoRaid SR Controller front LED Lights off

Sounds like you need an engineer to look and troubleshoot.

http://aviddssupport.avid.com/pdf/storage/VideoRAID_SR_Setup_Users_Guide.pdf

May help.

This is a 10 year old storage device and for very little money a single backup drive could easily have kept a backup copy of that media.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Thu, May 10 2018 12:38 AM In reply to

Thanks so much for getting back to me so soon. I do have the original footage, but as you said, I should have backed up the media in the SR. The sad part is that I have another one of that system which I belive was working until the last time I used it. I switched that on, only to find out that the fron Controller LEDis not working as well!

Can you please suggest where I can find an engineer? I will appreciate this. Thanks.

• Thu, May 10 2018 8:28 AM In reply to

Where are you based?

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

-

• Sat, May 12 2018 3:02 AM In reply to

I am based in the USA, Georgia

• Sat, May 12 2018 9:01 AM In reply to

I'd do a chase round of larger TV companies near you and see what you can find.

At a push you could look to an IT company as its all IT based.

Too far for me to fly over and have a dig.

-

• Sat, May 12 2018 2:01 PM In reply to

I know. I wish I could afford your flight!  Any idea of what might have gone wrong? Is the controller gone, or it's something else? I am in an URGENT SITUATION  now. I need EVERY HELP I can get.

Thank you so much!!

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller