Latest post Thu, Sep 6 2018 3:55 AM by jackjone. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, May 3 2018 9:04 PM

• Ben Stark
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 20 2013
    • London
    • Posts 9
    • Points 145

Artist control and media composer...stopped working together.

Hi All,

I brought an avid artist control to help with a wrist injury and needing to work on media composer, after a few months of working beautifully (on MC version 8.6.5, Eucontrol 3.5) i have been forced to upgrade my MC to version 8.9.1 and now my artist control is an expensive paperweight - and my wrist aching all over again...

I haven't managed to find a Eucon driver that brings it back to life, and had hoped that - being Eucon connectivity - it would be well supported by avid, but maybe not, does anyone out there have any insights? 

here's hoping, all and any thoughts very much appreciated...

Thanks, 

Ben

I am runing Mac OS 10.12 on Mac Pro (3.5Ghz 6 Core intel Xeon 5) with 24Gb Ram. Using blackmagic ultra studio mini monitor for client display. [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, May 4 2018 7:50 AM In reply to

Re: Artist control and media composer...stopped working together.

Not had to wrestle with the Eucon setup for a few years now but in its day it was all uphill.

The panel with Apples colour and Resolve was rock solid but with MC it was a dance a day to get it to connect and work.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Mon, May 21 2018 3:17 PM In reply to

• Ben Stark
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 9
    • Points 145

Thanks for sharing your experience Pat, The frustration is it worked so well for a while and was actually painless!

in the hopes a rep of AVID is moderating somewhere I have to say i am hugely disspointed by AVID right now - they happily took in excess of £1000 for a supported worksurafce then just dropped support and i can get no response from AVID themselves... maybe it is, after all these years, time to move away from their platform, if after 2 decades of using it at a significant level this is their customer support.

I am runing Mac OS 10.12 on Mac Pro (3.5Ghz 6 Core intel Xeon 5) with 24Gb Ram. Using blackmagic ultra studio mini monitor for client display. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 21 2018 3:53 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,897
    • Points 214,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Hey Ben

Thats not suppose to happen....   who did you deal with in support?  Was there a case # invovled?

You have been around since Xpress pro days.....  I cant ebleive that a suport person wouldnt help you.... :(

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, May 21 2018 4:04 PM In reply to

• Ben Stark
    • Not Ranked
    • London
    • Posts 9
    • Points 145

sadly not - could be that i mis directed my mail but it seemed to go into the ether never to be seen again!

lovely to hear from you though…if there’s a particular place i should point my request to please do share. Many thanks, and thanks once again for such a quick repsonse, B www.freddyfilms.co.uk

For a quick overview of trailers, teasers etc

And my IMDB credits page is here
  • Mon, May 21 2018 5:48 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,897
    • Points 214,185
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Ben

Let me get a case going for you...... and have them sort this.

Case # 03476399  - someone from the artist group will connect with you Ben

stand by

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Sep 6 2018 3:55 AM In reply to

• jackjone
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Sep 6 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 5

I had a hard time telling exactly what this was and what it would do based on the descriptions and the pictures. avg customer support

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller