Latest post Mon, Apr 30 2018 7:22 PM by Marianna. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 30 2018 7:05 PM

• AVengineer
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 15 2013
    • Posts 1
    • Points 25

Migrate to new Master account

Hello All,

I'm contemplating opening a new master account for our Avid products, since Avid itself isn't giving me the tools to be successful and frankly i'm not sure what else to do.

Quick backstory, I work at a large University and we've been teaching Avid stuff for 15+ years.  I can't hide or organize any of the licenses, so making sense of things could be easier (being euphemistic here).  I am on a beta server product for ProTools licensing which is underwhelming at best and requires me to hound the folks at Avid every 90 days for a renewal code (despite being promised that codes would be sent well in advance of expiration this has never been the case).  Most recent issue is our HD entitlements disappeared after ProTools HD became 'Ultimate' - I opened a case Tuesday and still no progress.

I am frustrated that Avid doesn't see enterprise licensing as a priority.  Although I can't make the beta product/team better and I am left with whatever they deem an acceptable level of support (additionally frustrating when you literally cannot resolve the issue without Avid's help) i CAN control things somewhat by opening a new master account so i only have to see current subscriptions and entitlements and there's not 15 years / 1300 seats of deitrius making the already difficult licensing harder.  I could also get all my renewals to fall on the same date and not be playing whack-a-mole with POs all year.

My questions are:

-is there any concerns or gotchas to doing this I might not have considered?

-am i able to migrate some things out of the account to the new account?

-is it possible to have 2 accounts linked to our institution so I could retain the old account "in case"?

Thanks any and all for your advice & suggestions.

Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Apr 30 2018 7:22 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,170
    • Points 205,055
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Migrate to new Master account

Avengineer

What is the case # so I can take a look see at the license.  

Secondly, why dont you use the Notes section under the System ID to notate which unit it is.  

Lastly, I am sure we can work with this and assist you on it....

Standing by for the case #

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller