Latest post Mon, May 14 2018 3:35 PM by Marianna. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Apr 28 2018 6:09 PM

• dethhollow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 21 2018
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

An 'exception' window keeps popping up and causing problems

I have no idea what this means, but while I'm trying to upload images to a video, a window sometimes pops up that says 'exception' and it keeps me from leaving Avid Media Composer First. I don't know what this means or what causes it, so I'll just put what it specifically says here and hopefully someone will know what's going on.

Exception: OmfIHPDomain_INT_FAILED,file::amaMMOB.mdb

When I click 'more' instead of 'OK', this pops up:

Exception: OmfIHPDomain_INT_FAILED,file::amaMMOB.mdb

Exception: OmfIHPDomain_BAD_MAGIC 18.4.48530

I don't know what this actually means or what any of this stuff could possibly be referring to, so any help at all would be appreciated. I think I might know the image that's causing it, but I want to know exactly what this is. Is it a virus? Do I need to avoid specific things? How do I keep this from happening or is there some way to fix it? Etc.

• Sat, Apr 28 2018 6:36 PM In reply to

• dethhollow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Re: An 'exception' window keeps popping up and causing problems

More info. After messing around a little to try and get around this, it looks like this happens whenever I specifically link any new images and put them on the timeline, regardless of what they are. Which is a GIANT problem since I'm five minutes into adding images for a 20 minute video, so I'm definitely going to need to be able to add new images. I have no idea if this would happen for audio, too, but I kind-of don't want to risk messing around with things even more and accidentally making the situation worse or something.

• Sat, Apr 28 2018 7:12 PM In reply to

That error message is pointing to your database files. Sometimes they get corrupt. The procedure in this link will show you how to force them to rebuild.

http://www.editvideofaster.com/avid-deletedatabasesandreindex/

Media Composer 2018.9 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sat, Apr 28 2018 7:42 PM In reply to

• dethhollow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Unfortunately, it didn't work. I closed Avast, went into the files, deleted that page told me to, opened Avast back up, it seemed to re-create the files as expected. Went to link a picture and put it in the timeline before closing out of Avast to see if it had worked, and the exact same message came up again.

What's the next thing I should try?

• Thu, May 3 2018 12:19 PM In reply to

• dethhollow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Hello? Can someone please help me? The exception thing is still a problem and I'm still unable to add any new images to Avid. The solution I was given didn't work, so I'd genuinely appreciate it if someone could tell me another way of potentially solving this problem or if it can even be solved anymore.

• Fri, May 4 2018 1:55 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,437
    • Points 44,355
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Turn off Avast, and leave it off. Then try running MCF an see if it works.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sat, May 5 2018 12:26 AM In reply to

• dethhollow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

I found a way to turn off the shield, but it didn't work. The message still popped up when I added a new image.

I assume that turning the shield off is how you turn Avast off for a bit? But I'm not sure. Is there another way I'm supposed to disable Avast? Or do I need to try something else instead?

• Thu, May 10 2018 4:27 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,662
    • Points 18,260
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Where are the image located? Internal or external hardrive, What platform and OS are you on?

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, May 10 2018 5:28 PM In reply to

• dethhollow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Everything's on the internal hardrive and I'm using an HP ENVY Laptop running Windows 10. Microsoft Windows 10 Home. I've been basically pulling stuff from Google and right clicking 'save image', which puts them in a document or download folder, so I'm not sure if that could be a part of this or not.

Also, I've been running Avast Cleanup and putting some programs into Sleep Mode, but nothing in Sleep Mode looks like it's related to Avid in any way at all. But I'm incredibly ignorant about all of this, so as far as I know, that might be connected to all of this as well.

• Thu, May 10 2018 6:55 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,662
    • Points 18,260
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

How about it you try other images probably the images that came default with Windows 10? By the way it might not be relavant right now, but Windows Home edition is not supported.

The following tables also list the qualified Operating Systems. Depending upon your hardware
    the qualified Operating Systems are:
    • Windows v7 64-bit SP1(Professional) and Windows v8.1 (Professional and Enterprise),
    Windows v10 64-bit (Professional, Creators, and Enterprise).
    • Macintosh v10.10.5, 10.11.6, 10.12.6, 10.13.3

Thanks,

RalphC

MacBook Pro 15 2018 Intel Core i7 2.6GHz Mac 10.13.6 Intel UHD 630. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, May 14 2018 5:40 AM In reply to

• dethhollow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

Sorry, I can't find any pictures that could have come with the hardware. Maybe I'm not looking in the right place? I've tried downloading and using other new images after this whole problem started and it doesn't work, so I might just be screwed.

Should I try to switch to a new operating system like Windows 10 Creators or something? I don't know if that would help or what the consiquences of something like that would be, but at the end of the day, it might be the only choice I really have left for this.

• Mon, May 14 2018 1:59 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,791
    • Points 212,725
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Well some have gotten Home to work but a lot of users have not qhich is why we really stick to the officially approved OS versions.

Can you do a clean install of OS 10 Creator or higher?

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Mon, May 14 2018 3:27 PM In reply to

• dethhollow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 8
    • Points 100

I'm genuinely not sure, to be honest. Sorry, I've never really messed around with this type of thing before so I'm not really sure how a lot of stuff about switching OS versions works. I can probably look up a place and try to dowload it, though.

Would I need to delete my existing OS at some point or would downloading a new OS just overtake things? Also, would this be something I'd need to pay for or can I just go to a website and just do this for free?

• Mon, May 14 2018 3:35 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,791
    • Points 212,725
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

There are a bunch of articles on google shpowing how this is done.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12384/windows-10-upgrading-home-to-pro

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller