Latest post Tue, May 1 2018 1:59 PM by MattB. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 27 2018 11:50 AM

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, May 9 2006
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 449
    • Points 6,085

Boris Red library missing

When I launch Boris Red from within MC all is fine except that the library of effects is not available, but otherwise I can use as expected.

If I launch RED as a stand alone I get this message. If I OK it, Red starts up and is fine as long as I dont need any of the library effects.

I have uninstalled and re-installed to no effect - Any ideas?

This is on my edit 1 system - Windows 7, MC 8.10, Quadro 4000 (dirver 377.11)

Matt

Edit 1:- Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz (self build) Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Mobo 24GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600Mhx memory NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (Nvidia driver... [view my complete system specs]

Matt B

Filed under: , ,
  • Fri, Apr 27 2018 6:42 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,353
    • Points 43,310
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Re: Boris Red library missing

It sounds like the installer is corrupted. Download a new copy from Boris and try installing that instead. You may want to rename the dll file also before installing to make sure you get a new copy.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Sat, Apr 28 2018 2:47 PM In reply to

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 449
    • Points 6,085

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the suggestion - I have tried re-installing from a fresh download but still no change I'm afraid.

I have opened a ticket with Boris support - and that was their first response too; so im in an ongoing dialogue with them at the moment.

Didnt try renaming the DLL file - I assume you are talking about the one refered to in the error message.

Edit 1:- Intel Core i7 960 3.2 GHz (self build) Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R Mobo 24GB Corsair Vengance DDR3 1600Mhx memory NVIDIA Quadro 4000 (Nvidia driver... [view my complete system specs]

Matt B

• Tue, May 1 2018 12:02 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,353
    • Points 43,310
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

MattB:
    Didnt try renaming the DLL file - I assume you are talking about the one refered to in the error message.
    Correct.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Tue, May 1 2018 1:59 PM In reply to

• MattB
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Shepperton, UK
    • Posts 449
    • Points 6,085

I did that.

Actually the DLL file was in a the Matrox Programme files folder. I didn't get a new, clean file but I have stopped getting the error message. I assume therefore that the DLL file was something to do with having RED interface with my MXO2, which I am happy do do without!

As for the missing library browser, well that is a bit embarrasing! The two things (missing library & error message) were obviousley not connected at all as I had assumed. I fixed the library browser by making it open in a window with more real estate and then I could see it all; it had been there all the time! What a clutz!

Anway - thanks for taking the time Dave.

Matt B

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller