Latest post Fri, Apr 27 2018 6:49 PM by glenT. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 27 2018 1:03 AM

• glenT
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Aug 9 2010
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Renew Upgrade and support plan for Perpetual

Hello.

I have Media Composer 2018.4 with Symphony perpetual licence. I'm unclear how to go about renewing the support plan. I log into my account, go to 'My Products and Subscriptions'. There's no auto renewal link and no options for any choices. There's credit card info, plan expiry date and plan options but nothing to begin the process of renewing.

There's still a bit of time before the support plan expires but would like to clear up this mystery.

Am I missing something?

iMac 27" OS Sierra v10.12.6 3.2 GHz, 16 GB Ram [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 27 2018 4:13 AM In reply to

Re: Renew Upgrade and support plan for Perpetual

What happens if you open your "Avid My Account", "My Products and Subscriptions" and then "Media Composer xxx Support"?

The page should open. On the top right side you should see your "Plan expires on xxxxx 2018"  followed by "? Renew Support" link.

Click on the Support link and in the new page you have an "Add to Cart" option. You should have your "System ID" on hand.

With support plans you need to Deactivate and reactivate them at least once during the current Support contract, or if you have a Dongle update it during the current support period.  (BEFORE you renew the Support contract)

• Fri, Apr 27 2018 1:47 PM In reply to

• glenT
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

In the 'My Products and Subscription' area I see the 'Media Composer xxx Support' but there is not 'Renew Support' link. No 'Auto Renewal' either.

There is instead a 'Plan Options' button which opens up a window to 'Add to Cart' or to enter a support renewal code. Clicking on the 'Add to Cart' sends me to the checkout. Everything seems in order here.

I think the confusion was that I was looking for a 'Renew Support' link but in my system it is a 'Plan Options' link.

Thanks.

• Fri, Apr 27 2018 1:55 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,704
    • Points 211,570
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Glen

Thats because you are not expired or wihtin the 30 day grace period.  So you have an option to renew early.

HTH

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Apr 27 2018 6:49 PM In reply to

• glenT
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Thanks for clarifying. I'll wait a bit until nearing expiry time.

Thanks.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller