Latest post Wed, Apr 25 2018 9:28 PM by Telegram!. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 25 2018 5:07 PM

Adding motion track data to a background plate

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me. Using the poly tool within the animatte effect, I have removed an object in my image that is not wanted and used the motion tracking tool to track the animatte mask to the movement of the footage. This works fine and is on V2. However I now want to apply the same tracking data to the still plate underneath on V1 so this plate moves in time with the footage on V2 - does anyone know how to do this? 

Many thanks in advance!

Michael

• Wed, Apr 25 2018 8:38 PM In reply to

Re: Adding motion track data to a background plate

Michael Freedman:

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help me. Using the poly tool within the animatte effect, I have removed an object in my image that is not wanted and used the motion tracking tool to track the animatte mask to the movement of the footage. This works fine and is on V2. However I now want to apply the same tracking data to the still plate underneath on V1 so this plate moves in time with the footage on V2 - does anyone know how to do this? 

Many thanks in advance!

Michael

I am really new to tracking concepts, but I'm suddenly very jazzed about learning it. I tried what I believe you described and got it working. In my case, I had an outdoor panning shot on V2, I used AniMatte to cut out a circle. And I tracked the camera's panning motion using a tree in the distance.

I opened the  AniMatte's Tracking Tool and renamed the T1 tracker to TREE. Then I right clicked on T1 to "Copy Enabled Tracks".

Below on V1 I put a static graphic with text. I added 3D Warp and turned on Position and Position Tracker.

I opened the Tracking Tool within 3D Warp, and Deleted the yellow default Tracker T1. I right-clicked in the blank space to "Paste Tracks" so that the TREE Tracker was now T1.

I had to make sure all my trackers were still Enabled and still set to TREE, which they weren't. Once I did so, as I scrubbed the timeline,  I could see that the TEXT inside the V2 AniMatte's circle was moving in time with the circle's motion, rather than just still.

Hope that helps....

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Apr 25 2018 9:05 PM In reply to

Awesome - I was frantically looking how to do it and I discovered exactly the same thing! I actually figured it out by looking at an after effects tutorial that shows you how to do it in that software - it's all about directing the data to the track you want it to go to, so I figured that you muct be able to copy and paste the data somehow in Avid. So a simple right click did the job. Great that we both learn't something new today. Thanks and I appreciate your response!

• Wed, Apr 25 2018 9:28 PM In reply to

That's great! 

Here's the best tracking tip ever:

https://www.amazon.com/Media-Composer-Professional-Compositing-Certification/dp/1133590462

The author explains EVERYTHING....

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller