Latest post Tue, May 1 2018 11:19 AM by DStone. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 24 2018 3:43 PM

Titles in Avid FX

Hi,

I'm launching a video production company and a graphic designer friend of mine has created a logo: it is a mandala comprising, effectively, four concentric circles and the wording of the name of the company.  A long time ago I did a video series title using Avid FX and the result was excellent, yet it was so long ago that anything I learned then has gone rusty.

Can anyone give me hints as to how I might construct the following, animated ident using the Avid FX:

i) Working from the centre outwards, each circle appears maybe 0.5secs after the previous, the circle numbers 1 and 3 rotating clockwise, while 2 and 4 rotate anti-clockwise.
    ii) Each circle initially appears, maybe, in a flash of light, then receding to a brilliant gold in colour.  They each appear already rotating.
    iii) The company wording appears once the mandala is established.

Thank you,

DC

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 26 2018 1:43 PM In reply to

Re: Titles in Avid FX

Anyone have any tips for approaching this?

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 27 2018 12:15 PM In reply to

To begin with, if I am simply creating a titles opener, to be useed at the beginning of all later-produced contect/projects, how to take into account different frame-rates that different projects could have?  In other words, if I simply produce something for now at 30fps, will there be issues in the future if a project is to be handled at 24fps?

DC

• Sat, Apr 28 2018 12:08 PM In reply to

Hi, anyone anything at all? I've just tried signing up to the Boris FX website, although their forum page appears to be down.

• Mon, Apr 30 2018 3:54 PM In reply to

Another generic question.  If starting a new project in MC 2018.4, with all the myriad options of formats - 4K and Ultra HD, etc. - does any of this matter at all?  What I mean is that if I complete the titles project in 1080p/24, then, say, at some later date I am working on a different 1080/30 or even 4K project, and when finishing this I add at the beginning the Avid FX titles originally produced in 1080p/24, will there likely be any quality issues over & above simply adapting to different project frame rates?

DC

• Tue, May 1 2018 11:19 AM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,438
    • Points 44,370
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

A couple of possibilities come to mind. First, create the title in Red for whatever you need (e.g. a 5 second 1080 30P). When you need a 24P, change the project format in Red and re-render. Repeat for other formats as necessary. When you're done you'll have format specific titles you can drop in place.

Otherwise, create a single 8K 120P title. You can always reduce resolution to match the current format and add a timewarp to match the current frame rate. But you're better off with the first method.

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller