Latest post Mon, Nov 19 2018 8:18 AM by Telegram!. 23 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Nov 13 2018 6:27 AM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 509
    • Points 6,530

Re: A Sneak Look at New Features in the Pipline - Update

BarkinMadd:

dew:

It seems like the CC updates will only be for Symphony ...

I'm not sure about this... It seemed that they showed an example of adding a CC effect (from the effect pallete) that had shape tools and then they (separately) showed the shape tools in the Symphony interface (as if they were available in both). I guess we will see when it comes out...

dew:

... I wish they would come out with stronger color correction so I could just stay in MC instead of moving to resolve.

I second the suggestion for Baselight. Symphony, however, has source-side color (can't remember the actual name) which might be quite useful in certain cases. I am actually rather stoked that they are paying any attention to Symphony - it's been a long time. If they add tracking to those shapes then there will be times when I will probably use Symphony over Baselight (TBD).

Cheers

I don't see myself dumping $1000 in baselight. I just rather send it to resolve and go that route. Now I wouldn't mind paying avid a few extra bucks for something like baselight or resolve inside symphony ( I know it won't happen) but another grand on a 3rd party app is not ideal. Squeeze is dead, Avid Fx/Boris Red is dead so depending on another company is not worth my money. But I understand what you all are saying. It was more a wishfull thinking on my part.

• Tue, Nov 13 2018 8:53 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 560
    • Points 7,140

BarkinMadd:

I'm not sure about this... It seemed that they showed an example of adding a CC effect (from the effect pallete) that had shape tools and then they (separately) showed the shape tools in the Symphony interface (as if they were available in both). I guess we will see when it comes out...

That's the way I saw it too.

dew:

I don't see myself dumping $1000 in baselight. I just rather send it to resolve and go that route. Now I wouldn't mind paying avid a few extra bucks for something like baselight or resolve inside symphony ( I know it won't happen) but another grand on a 3rd party app is not ideal.

For a lot of people in this industry, whether a bit of software is $300 or $1000 isn't so much of an issue, since it's a genuine business expense and claimable against tax. If you're someone who's having to pay out of their own pocket then I can see how it it might be a more difficult decision. I don't think Baselight is going away any time soon, and my feeling is that charging users a more realistic price for software means that Filmlight will be able to keep supporting and developing the product.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Nov 13 2018 4:00 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 10,176
    • Points 217,605
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Bruno M:

**Announced by senior management at the recent AskAvid event**

Many of the new features previewed in this thread are finally coming at the end of this year.

The 2018.12 release is supposedly going live on New Year's eve and will include the new Multicam features, Avid's new Title Tool, shape layers in the CC/Symphony tool and background save.

To see the presentation...

https://www.facebook.com/Avid/videos/503977036749421/?t=0

Demo of the new features starts at about 1 hour 26 mins.

Thanks Bruno for posting this.  Been out with a cold and couldt attend the event myself :(  Felt so crummy I didnt even do any online answering....  running on 1/2 a tank 7 days later but at least Im back.

Yesterday was our Q3 company meeting and what set this apart for me as the BEST meeting in 15 years was:

1. Discussions were had on Avid Culture and what we are doing internally to effect our customers externally - was AWESOME. Avid employees did a survey on how they feel about Avid ( and no it is not going to be made public :)) and 62% I believe was the # that responded across the glode.  Over the coming months there should be changes that affect internal people and ultimately effect you!

2. The exteuctive staff is so personable and inviting that asking questions on company growth, long term plans and more - is so easy.  Staff get their questions answered and can ask anything whereas before under different leadershp, that ws not the case.  Jeff and company are doing a standup job bring the company back to its glory and continuing to listen to the customers.

3. Several engineering teams where awarded pattens for all sorts of developmental idea's relating to audio, video and graphics.  They were honored and presented with the patten... Avid alone has over 50 pattens lining the walls.

4. Bill Warner...  not only was Bill there to show support and assistance with the changes in Avid by providing guidance to the Executive team over the last few months, , but he was also there to present the eng teams with their pattens. Bill spoke about many things that cuased him to get up everyday and work on creating the Avid 1.  One of those things was "Joy" and that is what we all need to focus on - create, build and develop products that bring Joy.... 

5. The Emmy came home.  After winning the Philo award - some of the original engineers - who were their in LA to receive it, we also in Burlington to bring it home.  A wonderful moment was - when Jeff and those engineers gave Bill Warner his own Emmy!   Class act all around.

To the future.... it is looking very bright!

Marianna 

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Tue, Nov 13 2018 4:45 PM In reply to

Anyone can see the big improvements at all areas from the time the new CEO got on board.

At my 10 years here never seen anything come even close to the nowadays situation in Avid.

I believe that the Davinci fashion will go by as many others have.

And having background saving (as a very loved function in Liquid) and other things coming to MC

in such a short time (in relevant with what was before) there is only hope for the best.

And just let not forget that MC was and still is the only real professional NLE. 

Desktop PC

Corsair RM750X|Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)|i7 2600K@4.4|Corsair 32G DDR3|PNY Quadro P2000(390.77)|Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB|2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0|2x500GB Mushkin SSD@RAID 0|LG BH16NS40|W10 Pro 64bit|Media Composer Software 2018.12 with Symphony Option on Dongle|2xHP 22'' Monitors|M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Fri, Nov 16 2018 4:21 AM In reply to

I can’t wait to see the end of year release. I am hoping that Sub-Frame Audio slips derived on the timeline can get “baked-in”

to newly modified Group Clips.

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 16 2018 8:20 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 560
    • Points 7,140

Telegram!:

I can’t wait to see the end of year release. I am hoping that Sub-Frame Audio slips derived on the timeline can get “baked-in” to newly modified Group Clips.

I don't remember any mention of new baking-in options from the presentation I watched.

HP Z800, HP G3 Studio, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 2018.9, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Nov 16 2018 12:53 PM In reply to

Bruno M:

I don't remember any mention of new baking-in options from the presentation I watched.

I don’t use any other NLE’s - only MC. If other NLEs can do Slip Audio for multicam/groups, I wouldn’t know.

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Nov 18 2018 5:00 PM In reply to

George Angeludis:

and still is the only real professional NLE. 

come on dude. I get paid just as much to operate premiere as I do Avid. Id much rather use Avid for everything but thats not reality anymore. Plenty of profressionals doing great work in premiere and even dare I say it even FCP.

iMAC (late 2015) 4GHZ i7 - 32GB RAM - AMD R9 M395X 4GB 512 SSD BOOT BM Ultra Studio Express w/Driver 10.5.4. [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Nov 19 2018 8:18 AM In reply to

Robert Goodman :

come on dude. I get paid just as much to operate premiere as I do Avid. Id much rather use Avid for everything but thats not reality anymore. Plenty of profressionals doing great work in premiere and even dare I say it even FCP.

Robert,  In your work do you use multicam? Do you happen to know if Premiere allows for Grouping/multicam of Sub-franed, synced camera angles? I’m not paying for an answer, though! 😀

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller