Latest post Mon, Nov 19 2018 8:18 AM by Telegram!. 23 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 23 2018 7:52 AM

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 532
    • Points 6,770

A Sneak Look at New Features in the Pipline - Update

Don't know if readers of these forums caught the Provideocoalition interview with new CEO Jeff Rosica.

Included in the article was a look at some of the new features promised 'sooner rather than later', according to the author, Scott Simmons. These include...

The ability to change a multicam / group clip after creation

Shape-based color correction tools

Live timeline

Global DVE

16K resolution

Avid TitlerPlus

Included are some interesting images showing the new tools.

Link to the article...

https://www.provideocoalition.com/nab-2018-interview-with-avids-new-ceo-jeff-rosica-and-a-look-at-upcoming-media-composer-features/

HP Z800, HP8760, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 8.10, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Mon, Apr 23 2018 4:30 PM In reply to

Re: A Sneak Look at New Features in the Pipline

Well Done Bruno.

Thank you.

Desktop
    Corsair RM750X/Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)/i7 2600K@4.4/Corsair 32G DDR3/PNY Quadro P2000D(390.77)/Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB/ 2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0/LG BH16NS40/W10 Pro 64bit/Media Composer Software 2018.11 with Symphony Option on Dongle/2xHP 22'' Monitors/M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Mon, Apr 23 2018 5:55 PM In reply to

• Sylvain P
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    • Posts 1,483
    • Points 17,530

Cool! Great info!

Media Composer 2018.5 (Symphony Option), ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel i7 2600k, 16G DDR3-1600, PNY NVIDIA Quadro 2000 (353.82), Windows 10 Pro. Boris Red 5... [view my complete system specs]

Sylvain Primeau

Self-employed worker - Les productions Primeau Medias

primeaumedias.com

Radio-Canada/CBC news editor

cbc.ca / ici.radio-canada.ca

• Tue, Apr 24 2018 1:53 AM In reply to

Bruno M:
    The ability to change a multicam / group clip after creation

This is promising news. If we are finally able to move back and forth freely between an existing MultiGroup and an editable Sync Map Sequence (and with some ingenius way of applying and/or not applying the modified Multi-Group to previously edited Sequences where an earlier MultiGroup version was used,... it will be a beautiful thing. 

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Thu, Apr 26 2018 6:59 AM In reply to

• TrevorA
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • London
    • Posts 1,073
    • Points 12,205

Coming back to Avid from syncing/editing Multicam in PP seems incredibly restrictive!

Hope the Avid implementation comes quickly and efficiently.

• Sat, May 5 2018 8:45 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • London, UK
    • Posts 532
    • Points 6,770

Re: A Sneak Look at New Features in the Pipline - Update

As a follow-up to my original post -  just seen a recording of Avid's NAB 2018 press conference, where they were demostrating some of the new features mentioned. Thought this might be of interest to members of this forum.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfCUwej6kts

The relevent section starts at about 27 mins in.

Also some additional video from the NAB stand showing the new features including the Global DVE.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4oLkkTxhu4

Also noted that they revealed the price of the new Avid DNxID box (the one made by Blackmagic) will be around $1000.

HP Z800, HP8760, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 8.10, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 5 2018 6:20 PM In reply to

Bruno M:

Thanks for posting, Bruno. That YouTube clip shows the ability to add multiple short clips per track! That’s exactly what we’ve been requesting for 10+ years... I don’t know whether to say “thank-you” or “you’re welcome”, but either way, congratulations Avid, on your Multicamera Emmy award... it’s gonna be a great day when this feature arrives...

Windows7 Pro; HP 820z, 16GB ram; Composer Nitris DX, Squeeze v8.5 Pro _____ Windows10 Pro x64 Dell XPS 8930 Special Edition Tower i7-8700 3.2 Ghz; 32GB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, May 5 2018 7:39 PM In reply to

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Desktop
    Corsair RM750X/Asus P8Z68 Deluxe(Gen3)/i7 2600K@4.4/Corsair 32G DDR3/PNY Quadro P2000D(390.77)/Samsung 850 Pro SSD(OS) 256 GB/ 2x2TB WD RE4@RAID 0/LG BH16NS40/W10 Pro 64bit/Media Composer Software 2018.11 with Symphony Option on Dongle/2xHP 22'' Monitors/M-Audio AV30 Speakers.

Larry as long as I live I will remember you.

3 Heads Digital Films

• Sun, May 6 2018 9:59 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • London, UK
    • Posts 532
    • Points 6,770

Telegram!:
    That YouTube clip shows the ability to add multiple short clips per track! That’s exactly what we’ve been requesting for 10+ years...

I noticed that once new clips are added to a group you then have the option of updating the group or creating a new group. I'm wondering how this effects any group clip edits already on your main timeline.

I can see a new group would not influence anything already committed to the main edit, but what about 'update' ? Are the updated group additions available on the timeline as soon as it's created, or do you need to update the sequence with something like 'refresh sequence' (similar to when you make Frameflex or colour adaptor changes)?

Interesting to also know what would happen if you (say) deleted a camera angle from a group that had aready been used in an existing timeline!

• Sun, May 6 2018 12:16 PM In reply to

I trust Avid’s award-winning team of engineers and testers ito sort out all the various scenarios and proceed smartly.

I am so encouraged by that sneak look- a direct response to some long asked for improvements... that live timeline is huge as well.

• Fri, Nov 9 2018 10:24 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • London, UK
    • Posts 532
    • Points 6,770

**Announced by senior management at the recent AskAvid event**

Many of the new features previewed in this thread are finally coming at the end of this year.

The 2018.12 release is supposedly going live on New Year's eve and will include the new Multicam features, Avid's new Title Tool, shape layers in the CC/Symphony tool and background save.

To see the presentation...

https://www.facebook.com/Avid/videos/503977036749421/?t=0

Demo of the new features starts at about 1 hour 26 mins.

• Fri, Nov 9 2018 4:58 PM In reply to

• dew
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 27 2007
    • Posts 503
    • Points 6,425

It seems like the CC updates will only be for Symphony. Im still on the fence on upgrading to it. I wish they would come out with stronger color correction so I could just stay in MC instead of moving to resolve.

• Sun, Nov 11 2018 10:22 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • London, UK
    • Posts 532
    • Points 6,770

dew:
    It seems like the CC updates will only be for Symphony. Im still on the fence on upgrading to it. I wish they would come out with stronger color correction so I could just stay in MC instead of moving to resolve.

I just don't see the Symphony colour tools ever seriously competing with Resolve, especially given the pricing of the two products.

If you want the convenience of staying in MC, why not consider the Baselight plugin? It works really well within Composer and version 5 has added some very useful improvements to the interface.

• Sun, Nov 11 2018 4:25 PM In reply to

Bruno M:

**Announced by senior management at the recent AskAvid event**

To see the presentation...

https://www.facebook.com/Avid/videos/503977036749421/?t=0

Demo of the new features starts at about 1 hour 26 mins.

Thanks for posting, Bruno. It’s thrilling to see the Avid team responsive to needed features. This is going to be a great year.

• Mon, Nov 12 2018 12:57 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,600
    • Points 60,100

dew:

It seems like the CC updates will only be for Symphony ...

I'm not sure about this... It seemed that they showed an example of adding a CC effect (from the effect pallete) that had shape tools and then they (separately) showed the shape tools in the Symphony interface (as if they were available in both). I guess we will see when it comes out...

dew:

... I wish they would come out with stronger color correction so I could just stay in MC instead of moving to resolve.

I second the suggestion for Baselight. Symphony, however, has source-side color (can't remember the actual name) which might be quite useful in certain cases. I am actually rather stoked that they are paying any attention to Symphony - it's been a long time. If they add tracking to those shapes then there will be times when I will probably use Symphony over Baselight (TBD).

Cheers

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.11 | QT 7.7.9 | Continuum 2019 | Sapphire 2019 | Mocha Pro 2019 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64 |... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

Page 1 of 2 (24 items) 1 2 Next >

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller