Latest post Mon, Apr 23 2018 2:00 PM by Marianna. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 23 2018 1:50 AM

• Thebigmuff
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Oct 7 2016
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Cannot update my dongle

Hello all,

I recently upgraded MC 8.8.4 to MC 2018.4.  I get an error of "this software was released past your contract expiration date (3/26/18)."  I definitely updated my support plan prior to the expiration. 

My licenese activation is with a dongle and it looks like I cleary need to update that, but I do not see a "dongle updater file" in my Avid account.  So frustrating.  Something that suppose to be simple and yet it never is with Avid.

To any moderators out there, could someone please provide a link to my Avid account so I can update my dongle (that's if the error listed above is all that's needed to remedy the problem).  I have a project that starts this Tuesday, but of course there is always some obstacles I have to go through to actually start editing.  Thanks in advance.

• Mon, Apr 23 2018 3:20 AM In reply to

Re: Cannot update my dongle

Thebigmuff:
    I recently upgraded MC 8.8.4 to MC 2018.4.  I get an error of "this software was released past your contract expiration date (3/26/18)."  I definitely updated my support plan prior to the expiration. 
    The way support renewals works requires you to Update your dongle at least once during the 12 month period (before you renew support)

For help to rectify your current situation contact Marianna (marianna_montague AT avid.com) or RalphC (raff.condalor AT avid.com) with your Avid account details and the Dongles System ID.

• Mon, Apr 23 2018 3:36 AM In reply to

• Thebigmuff
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

Thanks for the quick reply.  I will contact the individuals you have listed.  

What I don't understand is even though I forgot to update the dongle, shouldn't the "dongle updater file" be in my Avid account regardless.  The fact it's not there and I have to bother you guys is quite silly.  Hopefully Avid will resolve this issue quickly.  Thanks again!

• Mon, Apr 23 2018 4:16 AM In reply to

• Thebigmuff
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 6
    • Points 60

A support representative from Avid quickly resolved my issue and provided the dongle updater file.  Thanks support team!!!

• Mon, Apr 23 2018 2:00 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,184
    • Points 205,155
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

That must have been RalphC that got you going as I was off this weekend.

Thanks for the shout out and Thanks Ralph for helping.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller