Latest post Sat, Apr 21 2018 4:20 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 20 2018 11:15 AM

• jbe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 25 2015
    • Posts 10
    • Points 115

Production Pack Sorenson Squeeze version discrepancy

Hello. Yesterday, I added the Media Composer Production Pack to my Avid account, but I noticed the version of Squeeze in the installation file under 'Product Details and Download Links' does not match the version that's supposed to come with the newer, expanded production pack.

It's listed as "Sorenson Squeeze 11 Standard Installer" when I specifically was looking for the 11 Pro version, as it was the main reason I decided to buy the pack.

On the product page for the Production Pack, it specifically says it comes with Squeeze 11 Pro, and when you click on the Squeeze link, it even takes you to a page that highlights the features of the Pro version as compared to the Standard one:

"Apart from offering all of the great features found in Squeeze Desktop Standard, Pro offers support of the HEVC/x265 codec, the new standard in HD video. Closed captioning insertion and pass-through supported, as are Apple ProRes and Avid DNxHD formats."

These are all features I am keen on, which led me to to purchase the product. As for all the other products of the Production Pack, they're all listed there fine with their respective download links (Amplify, iZotope insight, iZotope RX Loudness Control, and SpeedLooks Studio Linear); it's just Squeeze that has that version discrepancy.

Just to be sure it wasn't a case of a simple nomenclature error, I downloaded Squeeze from the link provided and installed it on my computer, but it was indeed the Standard version and not the Pro. This was even confirmed by the Avid Application Manager. Once installed and activated, it appeared as 'Sorenson Squeeze Standard'.

macOS 10.13.4 (High Sierra) | Application Manager 2018.4.3 | Media Composer 2018.4 | Pro Tools 2018.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 20 2018 5:34 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,185
    • Points 205,170
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Production Pack Sorenson Squeeze version discrepancy

Checking on this for you....

stand by

marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Fri, Apr 20 2018 10:38 PM In reply to

• jbe
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sun, Jan 25 2015
    • Posts 10
    • Points 115

Thanks, Marianna.

macOS 10.13.4 (High Sierra) | Application Manager 2018.4.3 | Media Composer 2018.4 | Pro Tools 2018.4 [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Apr 21 2018 4:20 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,185
    • Points 205,170
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

jbe

I did some checking and the product pages were wrong.  The Squeeze version is standard and not Pro.  Please email me back and include your My Avid email address, System ID and order # of the pack you bought so I can work on getting a refund for you if that is what you want.

My apologies.... the product pages will be updated to reflect the correct info.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller