Latest post Fri, Apr 20 2018 8:46 AM by MagicDan. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 20 2018 5:13 AM

• MagicDan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 21 2012
    • Posts 19
    • Points 245

Project started on wrong timeline - Help!

Dah! I imported and started editing a project before I realised it was on the completely wrong timeline. I have edited in excess of 7 minutes of footage. Is there a way I dont have to start again??? 

Footage is 1.85 2k in 24fps.  I put it on a 1920 x 1080 25fps timeline.

Can the sequence be imported onto the correct timeline? If so how? Simple language please, after all anyone who could make such a basic mistake must be a .........There are spatial and motion adapters on the timeline, but still I didnt pick the mistake. Just too absorbed in the editing process.

Inported file are proxy files for editing. They have been converted to DNx files

All the clips have been meticulously renamed and I dont want to redo this if I dont need to. Any and all help aprreciated.

If you suggest starting with an EDL. I will need to know which settings are appropriate etc.

I am using Media Composer 8.1 on PC

• Fri, Apr 20 2018 6:37 AM In reply to

Re: Project started on wrong timeline - Help!

How were the proxies made? What is the canvas/frame size of the proxies? How did you import them?

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Apr 20 2018 8:46 AM In reply to

• MagicDan
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Jul 21 2012
    • Posts 19
    • Points 245

Re: Project started on wrong timeline - Help!

Thanks for answering

Proxies were made in Resokve. DNxHR standard quality

Canvas size is 1998 x 1080 

Import/source browser and linked the clips

Danny

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller