Latest post Tue, Apr 17 2018 10:07 AM by derDoyle. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 17 2018 9:45 AM

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2015
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 76
    • Points 890

How to get MC | Ultimate

Hello,

I have about 20 running MediaComposer, mostly perpetual licenses, paid per year. The licenses are from the time when the updates were cheap (~270Eur/yr).

My question is now, what happens if I have to renew them? Do the licenses automatically switch to Ultimate or do I have to purchase a Crossgrade/Upgrade? If I want to renew now, I can not see any option or information for this, so I am a bit uncertain.

Thank you in advance,

Doyle

Clients: MacPro6.1 (2013 "Trashcan"), 3,5GHz 6-Core, 16GB (1866) RAM, AMD FirePro D500, 256GB SSD, macOS 10.12.2, Avid MediaComposer 8.7.2, NitrisDX... [view my complete system specs]

Passionate In-House Avid Support

Admin of the German Avid Community on Facebook

• Tue, Apr 17 2018 9:59 AM In reply to

Re: How to get MC | Ultimate

The 270eur/yr you are referring to is the annual support renewal for perpetual licenses (licenses you bought and own). For those, nothing changes. They will continue to support shared environments, and Symphony, ScriptSync snd PhraseFind will remain paid add-on options.

MC|Ultimate is the name for the top-tier subscription license (rented licenses), that can be rented per month or year. MC Ultimate subscriptions include Symphony, ScriptSync and PhraseFind. Perpetual licenses do not.

So if you own perpetual licenses that you have kept under annual support, nothinh changes. You can continue keeping them under annual support for the same price (~270eur/yr). Unless you would prefer to crossgrade from a perpetual license to a subscription.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 17 2018 10:07 AM In reply to

• derDoyle
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Tue, Aug 18 2015
    • Berlin, Germany
    • Posts 76
    • Points 890

Re: How to get MC | Ultimate

Thank you very much, now I understand :)

Doyle

Clients: MacPro6.1 (2013 "Trashcan"), 3,5GHz 6-Core, 16GB (1866) RAM, AMD FirePro D500, 256GB SSD, macOS 10.12.2, Avid MediaComposer 8.7.2, NitrisDX... [view my complete system specs]

Passionate In-House Avid Support

Admin of the German Avid Community on Facebook

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller