Latest post Tue, Apr 10 2018 3:36 PM by Avidator. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 10 2018 3:04 PM

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 23 2017
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

Recover segment from a clip

Hello,

I have a clip with 8 audio tracks and 1 video but I bring to Timeline only 2 audio tracks and 1 video. After starting my editing I realize that I also needed the other 6 audio tracks for a segment of that clip. Is it possible to automatically set the exact In and Out in the master clip to recover the 6 audio tracks i need for that segment I have in the timeline? or do I have to manually find in and out in masterclip to import the needed audio tracks?? thanks
  • Tue, Apr 10 2018 3:20 PM In reply to

• Joachim Claus
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Seeheim-Jugenheim, Germany
    • Posts 907
    • Points 11,610

Re: Recover segment from a clip

Put your clip into the source monitor. 

In your timeline move the playhead to the start of your clip. Press "T" which will set a mark-in and mark-out at your clip start and end.

Apply "Match Frame", and the playhead in the source monitor will move to the exact same fram as the one selected in the timeline. 

Add the desired number of audio tracks (in your case add 6 tracks).

Desect all tracks of your timeline and select only the six new audio tracks. Now apply an overwrite edit (or press "B"). This will add the 6 audio tracks into the timeline with correct position of the timecode.

Joachim 

SuperMicro Workstation 7048A-T Dual Xeon (10 cores) E5-2640v4 2.4GHz 128 GB RAM, PNY P4000, 1 PCIe SSD 400 GB (Intel SSDPEDMW400G4) 1 SSD 2 TB for UHD... [view my complete system specs]

Joachim Claus

• Tue, Apr 10 2018 3:36 PM In reply to

• Avidator
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Oct 23 2017
    • Posts 19
    • Points 225

Re: Recover segment from a clip

Thanks!!

I can't try right now but i'm pretty sure this is the right way. I'll do it later. Great!!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller