Latest post Tue, Apr 3 2018 3:54 PM by Marianna. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 30 2018 1:26 PM

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 709
    • Points 10,825

Delay of iLok Activation Every Day

So when I restart my PC, if I immediately start my dongle-activated Media Composer, I get a warning about DRM and not having audio activated or something like that.  I can get this to go away by opening the iLok application, but even that will sometimes take several attempts - like it needs some time to warm-up.  After time, it all sorts itself out, but I don't have any other software that needs this kind of massaging, and it's a little annoying. This has only been happening for the last few months or so.

So, I thought I'd check and see what's what. If this is the new normal for others too? or if it's just me.

I realize in this modern age that software companies must treat its loyal customers like dirty thieves. I just wish it wasn't so.

Media Composer 8.X (usually newest release), Avid matrix-recommended versions of both Nvidia driver and Quicktime, Matrox Mini MX02, Self-built machine... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Fri, Mar 30 2018 1:46 PM In reply to

• RalphC
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Sep 2 2015
    • Posts 1,418
    • Points 15,425
    • Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Customer Service
      Avid Employee
      SystemAdministrator

Re: Delay of iLok Activation Every Day

Hi Mike,

Let me get a case started 03439245 and have support investigate on this.

Thanks,

RalphC

This is a test. Media Composer 8.8 w/Symphony option, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 3 2018 3:45 PM In reply to

Sounds like the Pace licence server is not up and running when you start MC.  Right click [My Computer] and select [MANAGE].  Click [Services and Management] and then double click [services] in the middle pane.  Highlight the first item in the list and hit the P key.  You should be at the [PACE licence services].  Double click it, then in the [startup type] scroll box, roll it round to [AUTOMATIC].  I have asked Avid to sort this out but nada.  The Automatic Delay Start causes the service to wait two minutes after desktop is reached before commencing.  Madness with today's SSDs.

MC/SN 8.9.4 x15 Z400/420/440 PC's 1x Mac, PT 12.8.1 HDX all on PCs. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 3 2018 3:54 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,083
    • Points 203,915
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

ShadenFreude:

Sounds like the Pace licence server is not up and running when you start MC.  Right click [My Computer] and select [MANAGE].  Click [Services and Management] and then double click [services] in the middle pane.  Highlight the first item in the list and hit the P key.  You should be at the [PACE licence services].  Double click it, then in the [startup type] scroll box, roll it round to [AUTOMATIC].  I have asked Avid to sort this out but nada.  The Automatic Delay Start causes the service to wait two minutes after desktop is reached before commencing.  Madness with today's SSDs.

Shaden....

Who did you ask to look at this?  Was there a case # for you on this?  Trying to track down the missing communication and get this looked at.

Anything you can point me too helps......

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller