Latest post Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:50 PM by Alice Arnold. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 29 2018 7:00 PM

Title Tool Problem

Hello, I am wondering if anyone has a fix to get the title tool working? I am using Avid 8.9 on a Macbook Pro 2015 running Sierra (OS 12.6). I have used the title tool successfully before in this project, but it is currently not allowing me to save a title. I also tried the Marquee tool, which let me save a file, but when I imported that file, the text I entered was not displayed. Thanks in advance for any insight anyone might have. Alice

Mac Pro and MacBook Pro [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 30 2018 11:50 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,356
    • Points 62,825

Re: Title Tool Problem

Hi Alice, where are You trying to save the title?

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Fri, Mar 30 2018 2:35 PM In reply to

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying to save the title to the bin I am working from (it is the open bin). I have saved titles many times over the years in past editing jobs and I have saved titles in the current project that I am editing. So not being able to save them now is odd. Restarting did not solve the problem. Should I trash prefs? Regards, Alice

• Fri, Mar 30 2018 3:33 PM In reply to

I think Luca is also talking about the drive you might be trying to save a title to. Where is that and how is it attached?

Can you render/transcode/etc to that drive?

Symphony v8.8 | OS 10.11.6 • Nitris DX • 12-core MacPro (Mid 2012) • 36 GB RAM • Facilis Terrablock 24EX [view my complete system specs]

-- Kevin

• Fri, Mar 30 2018 6:50 PM In reply to

Thank you Luca and Kevin. I now understand what you are talking about. The drive selection is grayed out in the save title dialogue box. I read through some other posts about the drive permissions issue, but so far have not been able to fix this. A few months ago I could save titles to this drive. I haven't changed my OS or Avid system since then, so not sure what happened. My drive permissions on the external SSD drive that I am using to edit this project are set to read/write. I will continue trouble shooting. Alice 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller