Latest post Tue, Mar 27 2018 9:21 PM by Jojo Likar. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 27 2018 12:00 AM

• Apache4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 3 2014
    • Posts 36
    • Points 350

Avid Constantly Scanning Media Files

Hey Guys,

I was wondering if there is a way to get avid to stop constantly scanning the media files database. I work with several other editors on a network and any time we render or import anything that would create new mxf files in the avid media files tree the program stops and scans. This is becoming a problem as we are loosing out on time we could be working while the computer scans and indexes avid media files. Does anyone know of a solution to this issue that doesn't include saving media to an unshared drive?

Thanks in advance!

• Tue, Mar 27 2018 6:23 AM In reply to

Re: Avid Constantly Scanning Media Files

Storage type?

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Tue, Mar 27 2018 6:55 PM In reply to

• Apache4
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, May 3 2014
    • Posts 36
    • Points 350

• Tue, Mar 27 2018 9:21 PM In reply to

• Jojo Likar
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Nov 26 2011
    • Austria
    • Posts 60
    • Points 715

The problem is probably, that every computer attached to the server writes the .mdb files in the directory on the server (eg. Avid MediaFiles\MXF\1)

That's an issue with all shared storage that's not official supported by avid. When you have for example an avid storage solution then every computer would have its own subfolders (eg. Avid MediaFiles\MXF\[Computer_Name_1], Avid MediaFiles\MXF\[Computer_Name_2]...) where its writing the .mdb file for the media files it creates, however every computer can read every directory.

There might be one solution for your case:

http://indiestor.com/product/mimiq/

it's a program that runs on the client computer and immitates what avid storage does to folder structure. At the moment they don't have pricing in their store (as I remember it was about € 150 per seat a while ago) but I would suggest to write them, they are a small company so you talk directly to the engineers.

I tested it a while ago and it worked as promised.

Media Composer 2018.2 | Win 7 64-bit | BMD Decklink Mini Monitor 4K | Intel i7-6800K | X99-EWS | 64 GB RAM | GTX 970 | Artist Control & Transport ... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller