Latest post Wed, Mar 21 2018 9:49 AM by Pat Horridge. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 19 2018 4:43 PM

• Doug Abel
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Posts 13
    • Points 125

Internal messaging to request a bin closed

My team exchanges 30 or so texts back and forth daily requesting so-and-so to close a bin on the Nexis so that someone can save something into that bin. It's not always clear which room has the bin open unless you know all the names by heart.

Would be great if a little utility could pop up and give a message making the request. It's typically something open in the background that's not even being used.

We specifically have our avids OFF the internet for security, so messaging apps won't work, but something that could travel across the Nexis' wiring would.

Alternately, if a bin has been idle for a configurable amount of time, say 1 hour, maybe it could just auto-close. That would allow vacated rooms to not tie up opened bins.

• Wed, Mar 21 2018 9:49 AM In reply to

Re: Internal messaging to request a bin closed

Great idea. Which would then beg the question why not have an Avid specific chat function? Why restrict it to just that one task.

Be great if an Avid editor could pull up a chat window and see all the other Avids in the LAN and then chat to them.

And an option to then add external Avid users (via the internet as many Avids do libe on the internet now) to that chat pool.

Maybe an option to send a key via email that the remote user enters into the chat and that connects them.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller