Latest post Tue, Apr 3 2018 1:18 PM by Lukas Boeck. 11 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 13 2018 7:47 PM

Media Composer 2018.3 NOW AVAILABLE - 13 March 2018

Great news…  The March release of Media Composer launched today, Tuesday March 13th, 2018 @ 3:00 PM ET.

Launch Location: This March version of Media Composer is available from Avid Master Accounts, Application Manager, and the Avid Download Center (login and password required).  

Version Reminder: The version number scheme Avid uses for the applications changed.   Version numbers will now be use - the year followed by the month.    

Installer:  There is a Media Composer Win Full Installer. 

Fixed in the Release:  The following issues have been fixed in this release.

• Bug Number: MCCET-2218. When working with the Subcap effect, the Arial Bold font characters looked different between Media Composer v8.5.3 and v8.9.4.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2270. In-progress AVC-Intra clips were not updating properly in the editing application. For example, the Capture in Progress slide would appear in media that was known to be valid.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2291. Significant WIFI speed dropped when Media Composer and/or Application Manager were running.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2298. If you installed the third-party Ross Video plug-in, it might not have been available in the Project Window Effect category list.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2267. In some instances, enabling MultiCam was twice as slow than in previous releases.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2266. In some instances, it took twice as long to load a sequence than in previous releases.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2300. Match Frame was not working properly for audio on a group clip.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2286. When working with 50p projects, the two-frame safety did not work when playing, pausing or performing an insert or overwrite edit.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2216. In some instances, an AS-02 bundle export resulted in a blank volume bin and an “invalid bundle” message in Console Window.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2097. Linking an MXF clip created from Resolve might have resulted in an “Exception: Cannot create the AMA sample mapper to play this clip” error.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2021. If you were a non-administrator, when switching inputs on the Avid Artist DNxIO in the Video Desktop software, you would be prompted to enter an administrator password.
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-8884. (HP Z8 system) Previously, if you were working on an HP Z8 system with no connection to the serial port, Media Composer might hang during launch or when you selected a project. With this release, you might see a Timeout message that you can click OK and continue successfully. If the problem persists, you can either connect a device to the serial port, or disable the COM1 port in the Device Manager.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2253. In some instances, closing the Marker edit pane and pressing Play resulted in a Breakpad window and a “Structured Exception” error.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2294. When exporting DNxHR OP1a MXF, Start TC was shifted two frames on 59.94p Drop Frame timecode.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2238. In some instances, when performing an Audio only capture, with “Enable edit to timeline” option selected in the Capture Settings, the editing application would crash.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2186. The Avid Artist DNxIO settings window did not open from the Media Composer Tools > Hardware menu item or from the Hardware (gears) icon in the Capture Tool.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2230. Thin raster presets have been included in the New Project window.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2232. Exporting to XDCAM resulted in an “Exception” error if the sequence included a data track.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2287. Saving the Composer windows size in a workspace was not retained when switching from Color Correction workspace to Source / Record workspace.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2277. If you selected a Start TC or End TC column, you might have received an “Are you sure you want to change the starting Timecode” message even if you did not change the timecode.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2289. (List Tool) The Save As location defaulted to the Avid Users directory even if the previous Save As was changed to a new location.
    • Bug Number: MCCET-2296. With this release, if you are exporting markers as text and if at least one of the marker comments contains a tab or return, you will now be prompted with the option to replace the tabs and returns with a single space.

Known Limitations: The following are know limitations with this release.

• Bug Number: MCDEV-8037. If you start a Long GOP capture on an AirSpeed system with a data track and without specifying a duration (a “crash record”), send to playback from Assist or Media Composer of a sequence using this in-progress clip might fail with the status of canceled when TMF export should begin. Workaround: Specify a duration for the capture, turn off ancillary data for the capture, or use the STP Encode service.
    • Bug Number: COGS-2560. While working in the Script Window, text operations (cut/copy/paste/delete/editing) can only be done in edit mode. See “Editing a Script” in the Help.
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-5650. When working with Panasonic LongG media, you might receive an “SFPlayConsumer Timeout” error if audio waveforms are enabled.   Workaround: Turn off audio waveforms.
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-5385. Multicam editing with Panasonic LongG media is not supported with this release.
    • Bug Number: MCDEV-5384. Currently, when working with LongG media, you might see dropped frames when editing 4 streams. This might occur when playing from a single stream to multiple streams (and from multiple streams back to a single stream). The dropped frames usually display around the edit point (transition to a different stream).

Important Notes: 

1. Sentinel Error Message (MCDEV-2394) - On a Windows 7 system, if a “Failed to add Sentinel64.cat file.” error appears during the installation, you can safely click OK to continue with the installation. Dongle activation will work properly.

How customers will obtain the March Media Composer 2018 Update:  

1.  Customers who have already installed the latest version of Media Composer will be notified of the availability of the upgrade via the Application Manager. The Apps tab also provides a link to download and install the update when desired. 

2.  New customers who purchase Media Composer will receive the update in their Avid Master Account.

3.  Customers on current Update & Support plans can download the Media Composer update either from their Avid Master Account or the Avid Download Center (login and password required.) 

4.  Customers NOTon a current Update & Support contract must purchase either a new Media Composer Subscription or Perpetual license to receive this update. 

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Mar 14 2018 12:48 PM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,274
    • Points 61,870

Re: Media Composer 2018.3 NOW AVAILABLE - 13 March 2018

camoscato:
    IMPORTANT - The Dongle Sentinel driver installer - The Dongle Sentinel driver installer is no longer automatically installed when you install the editing application. The driver is now located in the Avid_Utilities folder (/Applications/Utilities/Avid_Utilities/Sentinel_Driver). If you have a dongle, manually install the driver from this location.

Hi Carl, I've installed 2018.3 on a dongle based test system, manually uninstalling the old versions of MC and Pace/Sentinel first; at the "pending applications" prompt there was the Sentinel driver listed along with the usual bunch of libraries, clicked OK, at reboot the Sentinel driver was on, MC started with no complaints, which is good news, but still I'm sort of baffled...

Given the Mac style path

camoscato:
    /Applications/Utilities/Avid_Utilities/Sentinel_Driver

could this be a Mac only thing?

Ciao, Luca

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Wed, Mar 14 2018 2:19 PM In reply to

luca.mg:

could this be a Mac only thing?

You're right, Luca. I've edited the post to take that part out. Grazie mille!

Carl

Media Composer 2018.5 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce GT... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Wed, Mar 14 2018 2:52 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,200
    • Points 205,355
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Yes just a Mac thing!

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Wed, Mar 14 2018 5:36 PM In reply to

• DamDub
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 10 2018
    • Posts 1
    • Points 15

Hi,

Is there now a "French keyboard" layout choice  in the keyboards' settings or still the unique "US English" layout ?

• Thu, Mar 15 2018 11:41 AM In reply to

• luca.mg
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Roma - Italy
    • Posts 5,274
    • Points 61,870

camoscato:
    Grazie mille!

Piacere mio!

Symphony 2018.5, BM Intensity Pro 4k, Windows 10, i7-5930K, 32 GB ram, Quadro K620 [view my complete system specs]

peace luca

• Fri, Mar 16 2018 11:55 AM In reply to

• pierreh
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Paris, London
    • Posts 1,201
    • Points 14,515

It's english only, but it actually ignores the keys. So it works with any language in fact. It's just slightly confusing.

- Work: MacPro 2010 3.46Ghz 12 Cores 48Gig mem, int and ext Raids, Mojo DX, 10.12.6 - Home: MacBookPro 2.5Ghz quad-i7, 16Gig Mem and SSD OSX 10.9.5 [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 21 2018 4:39 PM In reply to

• markle77074
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Houston
    • Posts 332
    • Points 4,405

I cannot link to RAW files from my Sony F-55.

I have several machines. My latest is a zbook with maxed out processor, memory and video card running windows 8. [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Mar 21 2018 5:06 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,200
    • Points 205,355
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

What changed here?   I recall a thread where you needed hep with linking and RAW files.....

Have you upgraded anything?

Spec's of MC, OS etc would be helpful

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

AOL IM:  avidmarianna

Twitter:  avidmarianna

WWLD

• Thu, Mar 22 2018 3:00 PM In reply to

• rodpaul
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 95
    • Points 1,280

I had some trouble too, but clicking on the "treat folders as files" option or something like that in the source browser fixed it. I don't recall having to do that before, but in any case, it works now.

Dell T3600T 12 Cores 3.5 ghz Intel 32GRAM K4200 Windows 10 [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Mar 30 2018 10:05 AM In reply to

Z440, MC 2018.3, W10.  When trying to save a custom export, the setting is not saved.  IE, select untitled, create an export setting, save it as.  Then it does not appear in the scroll box list.

MC/SN 2018.5 x 15 Z400/420/440 PC's 2 x Mac, 4 x PT 12.8.1 HDX all on PCs. [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Apr 3 2018 1:18 PM In reply to

• Lukas Boeck
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Jul 31 2015
    • Austria
    • Posts 413
    • Points 4,820

ShadenFreude,

have you tried blank new user settings?

MC 8.4.4 Cusom bulid Supermicro X9SRL-F, 32 Gig Ram, 3ware 9750 6x6TB Seagate EC Drives, LSI 9207 + LTO-6, Mojo DX, Artist Color, Flanders CM240, GTX 1070... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (12 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller