Latest post Sun, Mar 4 2018 3:52 PM by Supermandan1. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Mar 3 2018 10:59 AM

EQ issues

Hi, I have imported some footage, put it on the timeline, etc.. But after having adjusted the audio tracks' volume it seems I cannot EQ them, either with the standard EQ tool nor with one of the plug-ins from the audio suite. Specifically, the plug-in drops on and opens up, but no manipulations have an effect. Please advise?

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 4 2018 12:10 PM In reply to

Re: EQ issues

Can anyone help, please ?

Asus N55SF Notebook running Windows 10 Home Processor: Intel(R) Core (TM) i7-2670QM CPU @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB System type... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Mar 4 2018 12:25 PM In reply to

Is it happening on every project? With every user?

Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Mar 4 2018 12:33 PM In reply to

Hi Camoscato, it never used to. But since I last used an EQ plug-in I have had the laptop updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. There is no way I can say that this particular change has had an effect. But as no other function within MC seems to have lost its capability, it seems unlikely. Specifically, I am trying the "7-band" from the audio suite drop-down menu, and when opening this up and adjusting all the knobs and buttons, etc., they all move and show a visual display of their effect upon the sound wave, but there are no alterations in the actual sound.

• Sun, Mar 4 2018 12:59 PM In reply to

Ok, and if you create a new user setting, does it still happen? If you create a new project, does it still happen?

Supermandan1:
    But since I last used an EQ plug-in I have had the laptop updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. There is no way I can say that this particular change has had an effect. But as no other function within MC seems to have lost its capability, it seems unlikely.

I don't agree with your logic. If one major thing changed on the system, and something in MC stopped working after that, it stands to reason that the major change may have had something to do with it.

Media Composer 2018.11 w/Symphony/SS/PF options, HP Envy 17t-j100 Quad Edition laptop, Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 2.4GHz, 16 GB RAM, nVidia GeForce... [view my complete system specs]

"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who only consider the price are this man's lawful prey."  - John Ruskin (1819-1900)

Carl Amoscato | Freelance Film & Video Editor | London, UK

• Sun, Mar 4 2018 3:52 PM In reply to

Hi, somehow I managed to get a result, mainly by using the "bypass" button on the 7-band.  Yet the operation didn't feel nearly as smooth as it once did. Maybe the footage I was using (old mobile phone MP4 footage imported in) had something to do with it, as it had earlier on when trying the same operation on the same footage AMA-linked?  I don't know.  Though thank you again for responding.

D.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller