Latest post Sun, Feb 25 2018 5:33 PM by jbrotherton. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Feb 25 2018 3:23 AM

Interplay Read-Only sequence?

Is there a way in Interplay to make a sequence read only?

I have a "template" sequence I would like to keep an original of in interplay but I have users that continue to modify that template sequence instead of making a duplicate and using the duplicate one to work.

Ideally I would be able to set the template sequence to "read only" forcing Interplay to duplicate it automatically when "checked-out" or Interplay/Media Composer give an error stating that the sequence is in "read only" and prompting the user to create a new sequence to apply the interplay template sequence to, so they can make changes to it and it not mess with the "template" sequence..

Hopefully that makes sense..

Ideas?

• Sun, Feb 25 2018 5:24 PM In reply to

Re: Interplay Read-Only sequence?

jbrotherton:
    Is there a way in Interplay to make a sequence read only?

Hi Jbrother,

Have you created a 'template' folder inside access in projects or catalogs with read only rights for all editors and put those sequences in there? User credentials in Interplay are folder based and not asset based.

When the editors save the sequence the copy of the sequence in the projects workspace on your shared storage will be altered but interplay will force them to save in another location when they check-in again in interplay.

From the old Apple Quadro 950 to HP Z8xx. My current own system: 1x Z420 E5 1650 16GB memory, 128GB SSD, 1x XW8600, 2x 3.0Ghz Quadcore, 12GB memory... [view my complete system specs]

Jeroen van Eekeres 

Technical director, Broadcast support engineer, Avid ACSR.

Always have a backup of your projects....Always!!!! Yes Always!!!!

A.V.I.D....... Another Version In Development

www.mediaoffline.com

• Sun, Feb 25 2018 5:33 PM In reply to

Re: Interplay Read-Only sequence?

The sequence is in the catalogs section.

I thought there was a way to make someone only able to "read" something but I couldn't remember if it was by clip or by section and that answered what I was asking.

I looked through Access before coming here but didn't see an option to make something "read only"

I'll check today to see if I can find the permissions section for users in Access.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller