Latest post Sun, Feb 25 2018 8:54 PM by AndrewAction. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:34 PM

• Sion Roberts
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 5 2011
    • Manchester
    • Posts 28
    • Points 370

New Blue Titler v5

Im just gonna put this out there as a rant cause Im feeling frustrated.

The new version of New Blue Titler (v5) that comes with MC 2018.1 & .2 is garbage.

I cant seem to find half things I could do in v2.5

For example, justifying tabs in paragraphs? Where's that gone?!

C'mon people. Rant over.

HP Z820 Intel Zeon CPU E5-2640 @ 2.50GHz, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000. Windows 10 Pro, Avid Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 23 2018 12:45 AM In reply to

Re: New Blue Titler v5

100% agree with you. Which is why I switched to Adobe Premiere Pro. It's built-in titler is ridiculously easy. Just type directly on the screen. Done.

• Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:46 AM In reply to

• Sion Roberts
    • Not Ranked
    • Manchester
    • Posts 28
    • Points 370

Yes indeed.

Though my post was less about the limitations of Avid's titling abilities - those complaints having been going on for years as we all know.

My complaint is to do with the fact that the updated version of the tool seems to have lost some of capabilites of the version I was using just a couple of months ago.

I often get the feeling that no one at Avid HQ really tests this stuff out thoroughly before its released...

HP Z820 Intel Zeon CPU E5-2640 @ 2.50GHz, 32 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro M4000. Windows 10 Pro, Avid Media Composer... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:52 AM In reply to

Understood. I've stopped using NewBlue because i found it too complicated to use :( --- i don't remember what features were in the previous version, sorry i couldn't be of more help.

• Fri, Feb 23 2018 2:46 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,875
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Sion

The text controls use to be positioned above the workspace.

They are now relocated at the top of the Attributes panel in the Object / Style tab.

HTH 

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Feb 23 2018 2:52 PM In reply to

unfortunatley NB as a titling option is a real problem in Post. Many Post houses have many systems on many different versions. Using NB for titles basically kills moving projects around between facilities.

Thats why subcaps and the built in title tool are still being used despite their limitations. The move to an external titling solution is just too varied and complciated.

ACI Moderator. I'm not employed by Avid or work for them. I just do this in my spare time. Normally using the current Media Composer version on My... [view my complete system specs]

Broadcast & Post Production Consultant / Trainer  VET

T 07581 201248 | E pat@vet.co.uk | W www.vet.co.uk |

Media Composer V8.2 Review Background Render

-

Follow me on Twitter Pat_H_VET

• Fri, Feb 23 2018 2:54 PM In reply to

• LDV20
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 18 2011
    • Posts 164
    • Points 1,960

I wish New blue could produce a simple - basic tutorial.  I have checked in the past and while they have some tutorials they always seem to be doing some sort of complex title - I would just like a simple basic tutprial first then get into the comple stuff

larry

Symphony 2018.8 - Win 10 pro, Asus PrimeZ270 with i7 7700 cpu, Quadro P2000,32gig memory, 500gig SSD system drive, WD 5TB,and 2TB media drive,BM Intensity... [view my complete system specs]
  • Fri, Feb 23 2018 3:07 PM In reply to

• Atomike
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Nebraska
    • Posts 717
    • Points 10,945

Fortunately, Avid has stated very publicly that they are working on a new Title Tool - and accoring to them, it will be ready roughly one year ago!  You read that right - according to a slide they themselves presented at NAB 2017, the new tool will be ready as soon as last April!!  Woo!  All you need to do is travel 10 months in the past, and it SHOULD be ready.  

That's smart marketing and promotion for you!  

Media Composer version: usually newest release, or 1 behind. Nvidia GTX 1070Ti Windows 10, Core i7 8700K processor, ASRock GA 1151 Z370 Motherboard... [view my complete system specs]

I spend most of my time between New York and Los Angeles.  In Nebraska.

• Fri, Feb 23 2018 3:13 PM In reply to

Yes, i remember seeing that slide too.

• Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:03 PM In reply to

• Sion Roberts
    • Not Ranked
    • Manchester
    • Posts 28
    • Points 370

Marianna

Many thanks for the screengrab, tho my particular issue is to do with the lack of a columns/tabs setting...

Heres a before and after of what I mean!

It was a very useful thing to have for formating credit rollers.

Thanks

Sion

• Sat, Feb 24 2018 9:47 AM In reply to

• Bruno M
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Feb 11 2010
    • London, UK
    • Posts 532
    • Points 6,770

Pat Horridge:

unfortunatley NB as a titling option is a real problem in Post. Many Post houses have many systems on many different versions. Using NB for titles basically kills moving projects around between facilities.

And that's also further complicated by the issue of fonts between various workstations in these many post houses, or the slight differences between Mac and PC fonts of the same style.

It would be nice if Avid ever do release this new title tool, there could be some method of font encapsulation imbedded within the title once it's saved to a bin.

I suspect this might be wishful thinking!

HP Z800, HP8760, SonnetFusion RAID, Mojo DX, Symphony 8.10, JVC DTV1910 HD tube monitor, HP Dreamcolor, Avid Artist Color [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 24 2018 9:39 PM In reply to

Bruno M:
    And that's also further complicated by the issue of fonts between various workstations in these many post houses, or the slight differences between Mac and PC fonts of the same style.
    Not overly difficult (at least between workstations in-house) to create a folder that travels with a project that has a screen shot of the text layout  (Fonts, kerning, sizing etc). Include file copies of all the font(s) used (assuming no breaches of copy-write).

I also include the Projects graphics folder.  (A hangover from my workflow requiring shared graphic elements between video and desktop publishing created and used between a mixture of PC's and Mac's)

• Sun, Feb 25 2018 2:47 PM In reply to

• BarkinMadd
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Ontario, Canada
    • Posts 4,598
    • Points 60,090

I did a couple of tutorials you will find in the tips and tutorials section that show simple credit rolls and deconstruction of a NB template that you might find helpful. I was planning on doing more of these but so far there hasn't been much interest. 

This was for TP 6 which is closer to TP 5 in terms of layout and features.

Cheers

Camera(s) PXW-X70, HDR-FX1, Hero 6 Black | MC 18.7 | QT 7.7.9 | BCC 11 | Sapphire 11 | Mocha Pro 5.6 | Titler Pro 6 | Windows 10 Pro x64 | System: P6X58D... [view my complete system specs]

Steve

www.nelliedogstudios.com

• Sun, Feb 25 2018 5:26 PM In reply to

• jef
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 26 2006
    • Maryland
    • Posts 3,271
    • Points 39,695

I would never expect to see any form of font copying as that would open the doors to major copyright violations.

It will always have to be done manually and with an eye to opening oneself and / or a client to liability.  I know that sounds crazy, but it has happened.  Fonts are not always free.

Jef

Avid DS 11.0.2 R.I.P | MC "Well, it depends ..." | OS 10.11.x - various MacPro Towers - home system MacPro Dual 2.8 8core GTX680 "Harpertown"... [view my complete system specs]

Jef Huey

Senior Editor

Old Stuff  http://vimeo.com/album/3037796

• Sun, Feb 25 2018 8:54 PM In reply to

jef:
    It will always have to be done manually and with an eye to opening oneself and / or a client to liability
    Obviously. Here a client buys the required font(s) and these travel with this clients project.

FWIW IMO very little different from the long established workflow with print (before PDF cheating) where the Creative department used Freehand / Illustrator to convert the whole ad (text included) into encapsulated post script before embedding it in full page layouts supplied to the printers (for the CMYK separations.)

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller