Latest post Wed, Feb 14 2018 12:10 AM by Job ter Burg. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Feb 13 2018 8:08 PM

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 377
    • Points 4,870

Avid Audio plugin issue

Hello,

We started a project about 4 years ago that we're just starting to wrap up on. We are delivering final sound to a post facility and running into an issue regarding the old AIR Multi-Tap audio plugin. It used to be included with Media Composer and after upgrading from MC 7.x to 8.x we found that it is no longer included. When we discovered this issue last year I posted here asking if anyone knew where I could get the Multi-Tap plugin as it was heavily used in our project. We've kept them in our project and have made mix downs of those clips but now we really need this plugin so we can re-create a number of them as well as let the post house know what variables we used as they will also re-create some of them.

But, what I want to ask is:

Avid is selling the Avid complete Plug-in Bundle. It has a Multi-Tap plugin but is not actually called Multi-Tap. Does anyone know if Avid bundle includes the same AIR multi-tap plugin that was used in MC 7.x?

If anyone from Avid reads this: Can Avid provide me with a 1 month trial license (or even a one day) so I can see if the clips in our timeline "respond" to the AIR Multi-Delay?  If it does work then I'll buy one for each of our edit suites (dozen or so).

Thanks.

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 13 2018 8:28 PM In reply to

Re: Avid Audio plugin issue

Are you talking about the AIR Multi-Delay? To the best of my knowledge, if you used to have it in v7, where it was an AudioSuite plugin, you should be able to just download and install the AAX version of the plugin (which is needed for MC v8 and up).

http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/en_US/compatibility/AvidAAXPlugins

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
  • Tue, Feb 13 2018 10:50 PM In reply to

• cable
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 27 2007
    • Pacific NW
    • Posts 377
    • Points 4,870

I went ahead and installed Pro Tools on my Media Composer system because PT has the AIR Multi-Delay. Unfortunately this is different from Multi-Tap Delay.  If I select the effected clip in the a sequence in Media Composer and press the effect editor button it shows me the name of the audio plugin used. It's Multi-Tap Delay but I don't have that effect. It looks like this effect no longer exists anywhere but I do have an old MC installer which I'll open up and see if I can find the plugin and see if it will work with MC 2018.

Thanks.

20 x Media Composer 8.6.5 Mac Pros 32MB RAM OSX 10.11.6 AJA and Nitris DX hardware Avid Nexis Enterprise [view my complete system specs]
  • Wed, Feb 14 2018 12:10 AM In reply to

OK. The main Q is going to be if there is an AAX version of that AudioSuite plugin that was originally used. Some Google searches seem to indicate that this might be the Multi-tape from DigiRack D-fx, which, unfortunately, appears to be AudioSuite-only, meaning you can run it in MC v7, but not MC v8.

Media Composer /w Symphony option | PT-HD | Win7Pro64 HP | OSX MBP | ISIS5000 | Nitris DX | Artist Mix & Transport & Color | AJA T-Tap | Decklink... [view my complete system specs]
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller