Latest post Fri, Feb 16 2018 7:36 PM by Matthew Clulow. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Feb 12 2018 9:47 PM

• Matthew Clulow
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on Mon, Feb 12 2018
    • North of Toronto Ontario
    • Posts 21
    • Points 195

I-LOCK

I found this on my sytsem after installing MC FIRST. Did this come with AVID or the windows items that were installed with it?  Do I need to do antying with this to make MC FIRST run?

Windows 10 Pro Version: 1709 OS Build 16299.192INtel Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @3.10Ghz 310 GHz8GB Ram - 7.88 usable64 bit x64 based processorDell Optiplex... [view my complete system specs]

Matthew Clulow

• Tue, Feb 13 2018 4:43 AM In reply to

Re: I-LOCK

Matthew Clulow:
    this on my sytsem after installing MC FIRST
    What is "this"?  

iLock (manager) is a system that manages a range of software licences (mainly audio as far as Avid is concerned) 
    Part of the system is a USB device that holds licence information and commonly called an iLock and if it is required it needs to be purchased separately from any Avid products. 

Part of the iLock software is released by Pace.  For some reason MC and MC - First install a version of the Pace software.
    This software looks to see if there is an iLok installed and also to see if any of the software on the machine requires an iLok managed authorisation.  (Some audio plug-ins including a few of Avids audio plugins require iLok authorisations)

In the last couple of years there have been several issues between MC / MC - First and Pace software.  In order to help you would need to supply details of any error messages you are getting or details of when a startup fails.

• Tue, Feb 13 2018 2:12 PM In reply to

• Matthew Clulow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 21
    • Points 195

Thanks Andrew. That explanation was very helpfull in terms of understanding I-lock. This application is not logged in, and lists nothing. Ive done nothing with it other than accept an auto-update when it started. It not providing any clues as to whether or not it's part of the problem.

The MCFirst install appeared to go OK. There was a hick-up with QUICKTIME, but a second install seemed to have solved that.

When I start MCFirst, I lauched it from the application manager.

Everything appears to be OK and opens a full screen application. Other than not being MC4.08 and looking a bit different, it all looks familiar. There are no error messages, no warnings, no indication that anything is not as it should be. It's not asking for updates, logins, liscences, nothing.

However, nothing works. The screen is frozen. None of the buttons work. I can't close it unless I crash it using TASK MANAGER.

The only spot that is active is on the tool bar, in the middle of the screen, just right of the window under the word "timeline". The button has three dots beside three boxs, and it opens a file manager and show me the file structure on my hard drive. I'm assuming it wants me to open a project but I don't have any at this point. Perhaps I should be doing something with that, but I don't understand what that would be.

In a previous attempt to start, the middle of the screen became and active hyperlink, but it showed no graphics. Clicking on it did nothing. That did not happen this time arround.

I would show you screen snaps but I don't see a way of adding a picture off my hardrive.

Windows 10 Pro Version: 1709 OS Build 16299.192INtel Core(TM) i5-2400 CPU @3.10Ghz 310 GHz8GB Ram - 7.88 usable64 bit x64 based processorDell Optiplex... [view my complete system specs]

Matthew Clulow

• Tue, Feb 13 2018 2:24 PM In reply to

• Marianna
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Oct 13 2005
    • Avid
    • Posts 9,948
    • Points 214,885
    • Avid Beta Moderators
      Avid Customer Advocate
      Avid Developer Moderator
      BlogAuthor
      SystemAdministrator

Matt

Can you email me a few screen shots directly and include the forum thread as well.  I get 2000 emails a day so my mind sometimes gets fuzzy :)  Happy to help out though so send along.

Marianna

Director of Online Communities and Forums/Customer Advocate [view my complete system specs]

marianna.montague@avid.com

mobile 813-493-6800

Twitter:  avidmarianna

Facebook: Marianna Montague

www.avidcustomerassociation.com   |  Connect 2019 | April 6-7 | Aria, Las Vegas, NV

WWLD

• Fri, Feb 16 2018 7:36 PM In reply to

• Matthew Clulow
    • Not Ranked
    • Posts 21
    • Points 195

Marriana has tried to help me offline.  I-lock is not the problem. Will start a new thread of reading a bit more.

Matthew Clulow

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller