Latest post Mon, Feb 12 2018 3:41 PM by ugo1. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Feb 10 2018 7:18 PM

• ugo1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 13 2006
    • Italy
    • Posts 266
    • Points 3,690

Help me installing the blackmagic intensity 4k on avid mediacomposer

HI,

I not able to see the intensity 4k pro in avid capture tool can some one help me to figure out how to do it.  I Use drivers version 10.4.3

regards

Ugo

Case: Phantek Enthoo Luxe, Motherboard: Asus Prime X299 deluxe, Cpu: Core i9-7900K,Ram: 32GB Ripjaws 4, GPU: Asus Nvidia 1080, Sound card: X-Fi Forte... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sat, Feb 10 2018 8:54 PM In reply to

Re: Help me installing the blackmagic intensity 4k on avid mediacomposer

ugo1:
    I not able to see the intensity 4k pro in avid capture tool
    It shows up as Blackmagic here in the capture Tool for both audio and video

What version of Windows?
    Does your Intensity Pro output to a monitor if you are in hardware mode?
    The attached Capture tool screenshot here is from a W7 SP1 machine with Blackmagic Desktop version 10.9.3  (up until about 3 months ago it was on BM 10.4.3) MC version 2018.1 installed.

The capture tool has worked with my Intensity Pro 4k on every version of MC for 3 years on this machine.
    BM 10.9.3 updated the Intensity Pro 4k firmware.

Old habits, probably more related to Pro Tools than MC (both installed), has me uninstalling the BM Desktop software before any MC or PT's update and re install it after those updates.

For this  mornings screen capture I had no tape deck attached or video signal present but it worked with both present a fortnight ago. 

Sorry the complete your suite forum is not allowing me to attach the image. send me an email and I will reply with the capture tool image attached.

• Sun, Feb 11 2018 11:55 AM In reply to

• ugo1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Italy
    • Posts 266
    • Points 3,690

HI,

i'm on windowss 10 64 bit and I don't have any output monitor

Ugo

Case: Phantek Enthoo Luxe, Motherboard: Asus Prime X299 deluxe, Cpu: Core i9-7900K,Ram: 32GB Ripjaws 4, GPU: Asus Nvidia 1080, Sound card: X-Fi Forte... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 11 2018 5:26 PM In reply to

• Mark
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Dec 19 2010
    • Posts 417
    • Points 4,475

There is a history of users reporting difficulty finding versions of MC & Desktop Video which work well together in their installations. One should be prepared for potentially many iterations of driver installation/uninstallation until one finds a working combination. 

Try testing to see if it's the driver or Avid's interaction with the driver. Can you capture audio & video with BMD's capture program, Media Express and any applicable freeware programs you have/can install (e.g. ivsCapture Lite)? Procrastinating via cleaning clutter on disk with consolidated old hard disks last week, I found & installed a copy of Real Producer. Ancient program appears to to run correctly with Decklink Studio 4K. Now I just need a need for files encoded into real media (i.e. .rm, .rmvb).  

Hope this helps,

/mp

[edited for readability]

MC 8.7.2. HP Z400, Xeon W3580, 24GB ECC RAM, BMD Decklink Studio 4K, Desktop Video 10.3, Quadro K4200, 362.13 OS & programs: 600GB 10k, video: 1TB... [view my complete system specs]
  • Sun, Feb 11 2018 8:43 PM In reply to

I found when answering another post that you need to have your timeline in hardware mode for the Intensity yo show up as Blackmagic in the Capture tool.

• Mon, Feb 12 2018 1:15 PM In reply to

• DStone
    • Top 50 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 4 2005
    • Massachusetts
    • Posts 3,353
    • Points 43,310
    • Moderator: Media Composer Getting Started

Andrew, you beat me to this one. I have the Intensity card, and you are correct in that it doesn't show up as a valid capture device when inactive (it's grayed out). Without a monitor, you should turn the hardware on (the cog icon top-right on the timeline) and the display monitor off (blue monitor icon, timeline bottom left).

DIY quad core I7-4790K, 16Gb, NVidia GTX 970 4GB, Win 10 Pro, MC(generally the latest or the one just before), MC 7.x [view my complete system specs]

Dave S.

• Mon, Feb 12 2018 3:41 PM In reply to

• ugo1
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Italy
    • Posts 266
    • Points 3,690

Hi,

solved reinstalling the drivers

Ugo

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

© Copyright 2011 Avid Technology, Inc.  Terms of Use |  Privacy Policy |  Site Map |  Find a Reseller